Author Topic: rain rain...  (Read 8761 times)

Zoltan

• Speedster
  • Welcome
rain rain...
« on: August 26, 2014, 02:23:48 PM »
I think I should have bought a boat instead of a muscle car! Or perhaps and Army Duck?  :smile:

What a drenching we've had...!   :omg:

Good for the garden though! I hope this means less bush fires in summer...?

1977 Transam

Re: rain rain...
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 11:24:42 PM »
I've moved house to a rental and the garage is leaking from the roof and from underneath.  Transam is getting wet and so are all my belongings.  Not happy.....................

:banghead:

Zoltan

• Speedster
  • Welcome
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 09:00:39 AM »
nooooooooooooooo   !

If you're not far from Padstow, bring it 'round, I'll wash it for you.  :cheers:

Come to think of it, you could even use my garage, until I get my car back from Chris, there's an empty space... I'd imagine only for a week - depending on how things go with Chris.

silverz

• Speedster
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 03:51:32 PM »
Still unpacking at new house, (just got internet back). With the heavy rain was concerned with pool overflowing and while checking level my 2 week old iPhone5s went for a swim! I instantly dived in fully clothed and had it out and dried off in 5 seconds. It was then I realised my pockets were full of wallet, credit cards, keys and garage remote. All came good except phone (even after a day in a sealed bag of rice) costing $200 to replace faulty card reader. P.S. Don’t try to fib about water immersion on warranty, there’s a sensor in the plug port that changes colour on contact with water.
Cheers, Bob.
www.tropicanapress.com.au

:cry:

1977 Transam

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 03:57:18 PM »
Sorry to hear about the phone Bob. 

Thanks for the offer zoltan.  I'm looking into getting a good cover for the Transam that's waterproof and has nice interior lining if anyone knows where to get a custom one for the Transam.

Zoltan

• Speedster
  • Welcome
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 09:52:12 PM »
Bob, what phone is it...?

Where did you take it to get it looked at? I've heard stories about people who take them to the Apple Store and they've had them swapped at no cost (I think it may depend on the situation?)

I could have told you about the liquid spill sensors, they are in all Apple portable products, I used to be an Apple tech.

silverz

• Speedster
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 08:07:16 AM »
5S 16gb, Fone King was recommended & due back today. Heard same story about Apple store so I called. They do swap phones at no cost, but depends on issues. If problems they repair with ‘recycled’ parts up to a max cost of $250. This has increased to $350 for latest 5 series.
P.S. 77T/A, I have a spare car cover but it’s not fully w/proof. It will definitely fit your T/A as I had it on my ’82 Z28 Indy Pace Car. You’re welcome to have it until you find something better.
 :rain:
Cheers, Bob.

1977 Transam

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 10:31:54 AM »
Thanks Bob.  Whereabouts are you located?

silverz

• Speedster
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2014, 11:12:42 AM »
At Gregory Hills, a minute from Masters Hardware on Camden Valley Way. You can contact me on 0425208874 for full address. Home most of the time unpacking, or can bring Sunday if you're going?

silverz

• Speedster
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2014, 06:16:23 PM »
Hey Tommy, Supercheap have quality "CALIBRE" show car covers 20% off at $49.89. "Specially lined with soft non-abrasive fabric".
Cheers, Bob.

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333