Author Topic: Tuscan Lunch?  (Read 3906 times)

silverz

• Speedster
Tuscan Lunch?
« on: December 07, 2014, 06:47:48 PM »
Hi Vanessa, I mentioned today the possibility of assessing the Trattoria La Vigna Italian restaurant lunch for the 2015 events calendar if the committee hasn’t finalised. I thought I’d post the details up as that way we can get feedback from other members that may have been there? Our only concern is the bad reviews we saw online prior to our visit. Most were about the evening service, but we had no problems with weekday lunch and have recommended it to family and friends and will definitely go there again soon.

It felt like we were re-visiting Tuscany, exposed aged ceiling beams, fired brick arches, fireplaces and terracotta, all backed by an expansive vineyard. Our waiter Carlo only arrived here from Italy a few months ago was extremely friendly, professional and won Susan’s fancy by continually addressing her as ‘Senorita’. Pastas range around $20-$26 and other mains $25-$35, Our lunch entree of scallops in spiced breadcrumbs and bacon was delicious. We followed that with melt in the mouth veal scallopini in a mushroom cream sauce, superb. An exotic Italian topping on the salads included fennel, pomegranate seeds and tiny pieces of perfectly cut orange.

It’s situated on the main road from Narellan, 3 Argyle Street, on the right just before you enter Camden. This would fit well with the usual Masters meeting point on Camden Valley Way. I noticed it had a huge alfresco area to the back of the building close to the vineyards that might suit our club. It has easy access level off street concrete parking for around 40 cars. Visit their website at www.trattorialavigna.com but be sure to check some of the bad reviews on tripadviser.
Thanks to you, Mark, the outgoing & incoming committees for all their work & organising.
Merry Xmas & Happy New Year to all from Bob & Susan.
www.tropicanapress.com.au
 :spaghetti: :feedback:

Ness70Nova

• Top Fuel Pilot
  • Vanessa Goldstein
Re: Tuscan Lunch?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 07:09:16 PM »
Hi Bob  :thank:

Sounds wonderful!  Thanks for your detailed email - it's very useful.  I personally would love to go seeing I haven't been to Tuscany and may never get there  :cry:

The calendar for January-March 2015 has been released, however, if changes need to be made we can keep this place in mind; alternatively there's April when the weather is still really nice.

Thanks again and it was a pleasure having you and Sue with us today.

Vanessa  :cheers:

silverz

• Speedster
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 12:17:54 PM »
After April would work as by then with winter coming on they might have the fireplaces lit.

Ness70Nova

• Top Fuel Pilot
  • Vanessa Goldstein
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 01:21:54 PM »
Sounds wonderful...thanks again Bob!  :thumb:

69DirtyRat

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 08:56:47 PM »
sounds yummy!
1969 Corvette ZL-1 540ci 755hp
1972 Chevy Suburban 454ci
1959 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Limo 390ci 325hp
www.ratpackmuscle.com

1977 Transam

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2014, 11:23:03 AM »
Count me in!  I love Italian food.

Chargerman

• Speedster
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 10:17:17 PM »
hey bob I have been there a couple/few years ago found it pretty good not overly cheap but fairly good tucker
                                                                                                                                                                thanks for checking it out Bob

silverz

• Speedster
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2014, 12:11:18 PM »
Yes, it’s above average prices Glenn, so I tried to do a package deal with the manager. They have a $28, 3 course fixed menu but only on special days and meals. He said he couldn’t do it on a weekend. He also advised they get many car clubs, BMC, GT Falcons, vintage, etc. One ‘supercar’ club filled the carpark with Lamborghinis, Ferraris and Maseratis!
 :drool:

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333