Author Topic: back on the road...  (Read 3426 times)

Zoltan

• Speedster
  • Welcome
back on the road...
« on: October 19, 2016, 03:58:19 PM »
well after waiting patiently, I have my 98 back on the road after it's steering got fixed up.

Steering feels so much better now, thanks to Chris at SMS. The car actually feels like it's connected to the road, everything feels tighter but smoother. I did not realise how bad it was before!

:smile:

69DirtyRat

• Top Fuel Pilot
Re: back on the road...
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 07:49:19 PM »
Steering? who needs steering, American Muscle only goes one way ...........Straight!  :burnout:
1969 Corvette ZL-1 540ci 755hp
1972 Chevy Suburban 454ci
1959 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Limo 390ci 325hp
www.ratpackmuscle.com

Ness70Nova

• Top Fuel Pilot
  • Vanessa Goldstein
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 08:24:48 PM »
 :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: Thanks good news Peter  :way:

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 06:08:47 PM »
Right hand drive conversions... :cry:

sms777

• Rally Licence
  • Sponsor & The Mechanic
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 08:12:00 PM »
Right hand drive conversions... :cry:
Yes.....another one. Unfortunatly it's a 98 model so it had to be converted when came in the country......and very poorly done as usual. No one could identify the rack so I spent nearly an hour on the net looking through images to identify. At the end it turned out to be a 1994 Cadillac Seville rack turned upside down with butchered bracketry and cut down bolts to mount. Pheeew..... Why not use a local product like a similar vintage Commodore or even a Falcon for simplicity. The mind boggles.....  :cry: This is not the first that we have fixed up.....ask Silverz how his steering turned out after we fixed the original stuff up. Beleive it or not he has a BMW steering rack in his Camaro now. That is what real hot rodding is about..... :burnout:

Phone 02 9793 3332
Biggles, The Flying Mechanic

silverz

• Speedster
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2016, 03:53:26 PM »
Great news Peter, can you drop your withdrawal meds now? Well done Chris but damn shame Pete can’t get huge biceps like I had pre SMS fix. Every corner was a full workout and U-turns a test of manhood! I do agree with Bonnevista, both this Z and my previous ’82 Z28 Indy Pace car were converts and both plagued with electrical faults and rattles.
P.S. BMW stands for Bob’s Muscle Wagon!
 :burnout: :burnout:

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2016, 04:46:13 PM »
Everyone has heard me whine about doing a rhd conversion, but it's not for the reason that a lot of people might think - well, it is for cars you don't have to convert as (in my view) driving lhd is no different to rhd.  But for cars you do have to convert, my main beef is the the gigantic cost at the start and poor quality at the end.  The amount of owners that I've seen over the past 35 years that have had to have their car 're-converted' just makes it depressing.  These are cars you want to enjoy, not constantly throw $$$ at...

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333