Author Topic: anybody like 57's  (Read 6010 times)

ozpont

• Rally Licence
    • www.usgmsp.com
anybody like 57's
« on: March 27, 2017, 06:31:56 PM »
Anybody like these anymore..?  I had one once just like it but.. not.. it was a 57 4 door sedan by Holden....same colour basics.. brought it when IT was 19 years old from the original owner's daughter who happened to be helping widow Mum.. by taking it down to the Narwee service station for a monthly service run ..  $1,000  was a fair fit of money too for a young worker. 
   The 4 door Pillarless and 2 doors..  do have nice lines I think.

sms777

• Rally Licence
  • Sponsor & The Mechanic
Re: anybody like 57's
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 07:23:40 PM »
Ohh yes.....the shoe box. We all dreamt about them, some of us kept the promise to own one one day, some just moved on to better things like myself. I have a few come through my workshop occassionally, you never stop improving them. They handle like the Manly ferry, you spend ten grand on suspension and.....still handles like the Manly ferry.
Can't beat the classic lines though...... :thumb:

Phone 02 9793 3332
Biggles, The Flying Mechanic

Zoltan

• Speedster
  • Welcome
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 07:29:17 PM »
what's there not to like?

Ness70Nova

• Top Fuel Pilot
  • Vanessa Goldstein
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 07:38:54 PM »
 :he:

sms777

• Rally Licence
  • Sponsor & The Mechanic
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 07:47:45 PM »
The wheel spats......I reckon they look gay... :bolt:

Phone 02 9793 3332
Biggles, The Flying Mechanic

Skipman

• Speedster
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2017, 07:57:13 PM »
I like them but needs some fat rubber on the arse end for me

ozpont

• Rally Licence
    • www.usgmsp.com
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2017, 08:27:23 PM »
Just found this .. 1978... Picture below taken at "Beefies" on Parramatta Road Granville in 1978. Beefies was the place to be for petrol heads in mid western Sydney.  The loosely termed "Burger joint"..nestled in the breathtaking fragrant fallout of the nearby Caltex Oil Refinery.... ..such culture & hooligan talent knew no end of  stupidity...exhumed at times the highest level of creative risk taking ..where else could you see drongo's in Torana's, Falcon panel vans or the likes of "Sleeper" Simca's..... take on Cattle trucks for room on Parramatta road while exiting the place in clouds of smoke helped by liberal amounts of diesel sprayed across the exit...... or "slap the bull" by doing burn outs in front of unmarked police cars & thinking they'd get away with it.....to the cheers of the next generation of "community leaders".. ...
   .. urr.. the days of no political correctness.. no radar... Days when what a copper busted you for .. you wore it..  Memories of being entrapped in the smelly swap lands of Homebush... the venue for heads up drag racing..on the (still existing) concrete surface of  Underwood Road late in the Sunday night evenings.. down now where the ferry terminal is.. .. being cut off by coppers who came in .. rounded up the sheep.. and stuck a canary on nearly anything with wheels... meanwhile in the ambiance  of yellowing Lucas headlamps..Mr Whippy could be seen in the background doing his best trade of the week...

....yep different times....

70SS

• Rally Licence
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2017, 11:17:20 AM »
So one could assume that is you in the above pic Mr Ozpont...? Looking very resplendent for the day...!  :thumb:

Hak

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2017, 01:31:46 PM »
HAHAHAHAHA The greatest days of Australian history of coarse i was only 4

Just found this .. 1978... Picture below taken at "Beefies" on Parramatta Road Granville in 1978. Beefies was the place to be for petrol heads in mid western Sydney.  The loosely termed "Burger joint"..nestled in the breathtaking fragrant fallout of the nearby Caltex Oil Refinery.... ..such culture & hooligan talent knew no end of  stupidity...exhumed at times the highest level of creative risk taking ..where else could you see drongo's in Torana's, Falcon panel vans or the likes of "Sleeper" Simca's..... take on Cattle trucks for room on Parramatta road while exiting the place in clouds of smoke helped by liberal amounts of diesel sprayed across the exit...... or "slap the bull" by doing burn outs in front of unmarked police cars & thinking they'd get away with it.....to the cheers of the next generation of "community leaders".. ...
   .. urr.. the days of no political correctness.. no radar... Days when what a copper busted you for .. you wore it..  Memories of being entrapped in the smelly swap lands of Homebush... the venue for heads up drag racing..on the (still existing) concrete surface of  Underwood Road late in the Sunday night evenings.. down now where the ferry terminal is.. .. being cut off by coppers who came in .. rounded up the sheep.. and stuck a canary on nearly anything with wheels... meanwhile in the ambiance  of yellowing Lucas headlamps..Mr Whippy could be seen in the background doing his best trade of the week...

....yep different times....

Hak

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2017, 01:34:17 PM »
never been a great fan of the 57 Chevs  my passion for American cars start in 60's mostly ford clearly but love the early Nova's but not impala

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333