Author Topic: What The "Say Hi" Section Is For  (Read 37528 times)

GM396

Re: What The "Say Hi" Section Is For
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2015, 10:09:53 PM »
Thanks mate .. cant believe i actually own her .. keep pinching myself ... but know its going to be a long process getting QLD to ACT rego but it will worth it.   Hoping the non-retractable belts will be accepted but as you suggest, maybd easier just to get a temp retract. for now.  Getting a consistant answer from Rego can be hard .. cheers

reba396

• P Plater
  • Welcome
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2015, 11:12:06 PM »
Hi welcome to the forum I have a 68 camaro with lap sash belts I have no problem with rego feel free to ask any questions enjoy the car

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
Re: New Member ... 69 Camaro .. plus advice sought re seatbelts in ACT
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2015, 01:47:14 PM »
Hi all,  Just took possession of 69 Camaro (RS/SS) from QLD.  Havent been out of the garage since Friday!  Also unfort. havent been able to take her for a drive yet .. aside from flat battery the driver seatbelt locked up on me.  But she is finally here and I'lll enjoy the moment until i take her over the pits in Dickson to convert to ACT rego!!.   And talking about rego, can anyone advice me on seatbelts.  Currently she has retractable Hemco belts (dated 2014) fiited.  With one being broken, want to replace both (front only) with non retractable, lap sash type which fit better.  Would this be a problem with rego .. dont want to buy them then find out not acceptable.  Will ring Rego on Tues but interested in advice.  Just hanging out to drive her .. have waited too many years for her and now cant because of 1 seatbelt!!!    Cheers Danny

Old Holdens and Falcons don't need retractable seatbelts and old Chevys don't either...

sms777

• Rally Licence
  • Sponsor & The Mechanic
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2015, 09:13:32 PM »
ADR 4A became effective in February 1973 in Australia. Prior to that there was no requirement for vehicles to be fitted with rectractable seat belts.
I have heard of some horror stories coming out of ACT regarding registration dramas. If anyone insist on retractable seatbelts in your '69 Camaro tell them to read the rule book. ADR means Australian Design Rules.....not ACT Design Rules.

Phone 02 9793 3332
Biggles, The Flying Mechanic

GM396

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2015, 10:09:31 PM »
Awesome advice .. thanks so much ..and yes, dreading ACT rego.  Thought about taking the car to my mechanic beforehand (to try to lessen the pain) but he said wouldnt be worth it .. just go there, get assessed, they will fail what they want and then get her fixed.   I'll fail before they even look at the car ...  she's in good condition but previous owner lobbed the exhaust pipes .. i've got no chance!!!

oztaffy

• P Plater
  • I'm new here
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2015, 03:52:04 PM »
Hello
My name is Simon I have just joined AMCCA, I have on orange 1973 Stingray my first (and if the wife has her way my last) muscle car, got a lemon when I bought it off a friend of a friend (now ex friend) and have spent most of the last 18 months doing it up bit by bit as I could afford it, its not complete by any means but its as good as it going to get (at least for now). Hobbies include swearing at my car when it doesn't work and .....spending money on my car (when I can) as well as video games DnD and golf (more swearing ensues). Ill try and post a pic of the car when i work out how :)
Look forward to meeting some of you at Tullimbah (as long as she decides to run that day)

Cheers

Ness70Nova

• Top Fuel Pilot
  • Vanessa Goldstein
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2015, 04:53:55 PM »
Hi Simon  :hi:

Welcome to the forum!  If you'd like to email me a photo of your car I'll arrange for it to be added to your profile.

We are unable to make it on Sunday at Tullimbah, however, if you do attend please reply to the forum thread under AMCCA Sanctioned Events Only.

Cheers,
Vanessa  :thumb:

69DirtyRat

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2015, 09:28:20 PM »
Good to see another Stingray in the club!
1969 Corvette ZL-1 540ci 755hp
1972 Chevy Suburban 454ci
1959 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Limo 390ci 325hp
www.ratpackmuscle.com

oztaffy

• P Plater
  • I'm new here
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2015, 09:42:45 AM »
Its no Z1  :omg: was in heaven when I saw yours at TBH but looks ok, its not standard or matching numbers has a '71 Z28 performance pk engine and EB headers and carby but runs well (most of the time

Goz455

• P Plater
  • Pontiac 540
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2016, 11:03:14 AM »
Hi guys been a member since January 16 but have had competing priorities with family and work as you do , so hoping to get out more from here on and signed up here to chat and share my thoughts and my Buick. Hope the pics upload it's a rare 71 GS Stage-1 455 triple black all original! Look forward to catching up with all including you Owen. Cheers

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333