Author Topic: GO GARRY GO ......  (Read 68183 times)

MuscleVette

• Top Fuel Pilot
GO GARRY GO ......
« on: February 09, 2009, 04:58:56 PM »
I have spoken to a few members today & run this idea past them, lets hold a charity night this Saturday 14/02/09 at Harry's Cafe- De Wheels at liverpool in the hope of raising money for the victims of the worst bush fires ever. I will be inviting all car clubs to this event, entry will be $10 per car with all proceeds going to the Victims relief fund. At the moment I am trying to get some raffle prizes & maybe a lucky gate prize ;7 on your thoughts how we can make it even bigger.
 ;v Garry ;M:cool:
Past And Present Cars

Muzzy 66

• Rally Licence
GO GARRY GO ......
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 05:37:20 PM »
Nice work...

Gary is it worthwile with the prediction of showers on satee to see if its possible to get the under ground carpark of Domain opened up....

One other thought is some donation buckets so people whom cant take there cars or just the general people up there grabbing a bite can drop a bob or two..

For mine the buckets need clear identification with the clubs logo/name on it.
Growing old is inevitable,Growing up is optional.!!!!!  66 Mustang Coupe.

Kroooozer

GO GARRY GO ......
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 05:42:29 PM »
Originally posted by LUKASS
One other thought is some donation buckets so people whom cant take there cars or just the general people up there grabbing a bite can drop a bob or two..

For mine the buckets need clear identification with the clubs logo/name on it.

Great idea and maybe have a couple of buckets on the counter of Harry's so people can drop their change given into it as well.....I think this will be one of the biggest events at Harry's...great idea

Steve

• Speedster
GO GARRY GO ......
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 06:19:27 PM »
This may sound weird BUT
the other thing they are asking is for Blood donations ,is it possible to get in touch with the red cross to set up a mobile blood bank so that we can also give blood
just a thought :)

peterp

• Administrator
  • Speedster
    • http://www.yourithelp.com.au
GO GARRY GO ......
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 07:05:16 PM »
Garry, Allthough I cannot attend a fundraiser I would like to pledge / donate $50 to this worthy cause.

I am so angry that in this day and age we have imbeciles who thoughtlessly throw lit cigarette butts out of car windows whilst driving.

Peterp
You only need two tools in life - WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the Duct Tape.

MuscleVette

• Top Fuel Pilot
GO GARRY GO ......
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 07:30:30 PM »
I have just recieved this from the PT Cruiser club from Wagga Wagga what a great jesture Hello Gary, We understand you are having a fund raiser for the Victorian Fire victims - read on the PT Cruise Downunder Forum.  Though we are unable to attend, we would like to make a donation towards your effort.  If you could send a postal address we can get a cheque off to you, towards support  of your endeavour. Take Care and Have Success Don & Gwen DarbyMembers: PTCDU (NSW) Inc. Ad PTCCC  South Australia Inc.P.O. Box 8430Kooringal, N.S.W.  2650(Wagga Wagga, N.S.W.)
 & I must thank Peter Gasso with the prowler for posting it for me thanks mate.
Past And Present Cars

vettegirl

GO GARRY GO ......
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 08:13:16 PM »
hi Gary, Matt and I will definately be there we have a lot of family directly affected with the victorian fires, with a family member losing their house. I own a hairdressing salon and would be happy to donate some shampoo,conditioner etc as raffle prizes. i will if you like contact my supplier and see if they will donate anything! i can only try.

Leanne

vettegirl

GO GARRY GO ......
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 08:19:54 PM »
We will also help out on Saturday night if you need us

MuscleVette

• Top Fuel Pilot
GO GARRY GO ......
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2009, 08:21:07 PM »
Great offer Leanne yes I will be holding a raffle on the night so anything we get donated will help in this great cause I just found out we should give the money to the Red Cross who will be handing it out I will look into this.
Past And Present Cars

MuscleVette

• Top Fuel Pilot
GO GARRY GO ......
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2009, 09:05:02 PM »
Hi Peter thank you for your kind donation it really is going to a good cause every time you turn the TV on it gets worse
Past And Present Cars

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333