Author Topic: GO GARRY GO ......  (Read 84447 times)

GAS455

GO GARRY GO ......
« Reply #100 on: February 15, 2009, 07:50:40 PM »
Great news!!!

Although I got there late due to work...it looked to be a great evening.

Well done everyone. Amazing what can be done in a short amout of time for a great cause.

Anyone got a link to the TV report on tonight?

peterp

• Administrator
  • Speedster
    • http://www.yourithelp.com.au
GO GARRY GO ......
« Reply #101 on: February 15, 2009, 07:58:56 PM »
Thats an incredible amount to be raised with such short notice.

Congratulations to all involved.

When you witness fundraisers like that you realise how great the aussie spirit is.

Well done

peterp
You only need two tools in life - WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the Duct Tape.

69DirtyRat

• Top Fuel Pilot
GO GARRY GO ......
« Reply #102 on: February 15, 2009, 07:59:20 PM »
Amazing amount of money for such a short organising time,with rain and Valentines day!
When they asked me which cars to use for the shot I said "that red Rustang with the flutes missing and with the obsessive compulsive polisher would represent the Ford brand nicely!;x
1969 Corvette ZL-1 540ci 755hp
1972 Chevy Suburban 454ci
1959 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Limo 390ci 325hp
www.ratpackmuscle.com

YellowLightning

GO GARRY GO ......
« Reply #103 on: February 15, 2009, 08:09:26 PM »
thats awesome wish i could have made it congrats to all of you who made the effort in turning up and raising the money last night

GTA390

GO GARRY GO ......
« Reply #104 on: February 15, 2009, 08:13:41 PM »
What can i say that hasn't allready been said and we all know.
Thanks to Garry and all the comittee members for doing a great job under weather conditions that would see most car clubs pull up stumps before it even started.
And to all the members of AMCCA and the other clubs that turned up for charity not a trophy.
I think last night it what our club is all about, and like all members are proud to be associated with this club.
David.

Bumblebee

GO GARRY GO ......
« Reply #105 on: February 15, 2009, 08:38:59 PM »
Congratulations to you all for the superb effort, apologies for not being there, but had a prior event in Canberra.  Seems sad to be short of the $9,000, so Garry you should tip me in for the difference.

Look forward to catching up Saturday.

68PONY

GO GARRY GO ......
« Reply #106 on: February 15, 2009, 08:42:05 PM »
Originally posted by 69DirtyRat
Even though it was only about 15 seconds worth on 9 it was a good promo for the club! and showed Chris waxing on waxing off, your gunna have a big head now arent you Chris! you media hog!

You da man andy ;4 ;x

I also recorded it ,so when the relos and mates come over , well you know

MrsLazy69

GO GARRY GO ......
« Reply #107 on: February 15, 2009, 08:47:37 PM »
You managed to get my head in there Andy....Not happy...Only joking... Kids are  wrapped at getting there heads on the tele.....I have to say it was a great night in such a short time...I think that everyone should be very proud of themselves...Well done Garry!!!!!!

MrsLazy69

GO GARRY GO ......
« Reply #108 on: February 15, 2009, 08:53:01 PM »
Originally posted by 68PONY
Originally posted by lazy69
You are only happy because the chicken was on tele this morning Joe.

This was a great job with very little time to organise & the weather against us & still we manage to make a large amount of money for a very important cause to help our brothers & sisters in Vic. I am really proud to be part of such a great bunch of guys & girls .This really is the best club in Australia , but without the other clubs & people that donated & helped out this wouldn't have been & we wouldn't have raised so much money . I would like to thank Garry for organising this & all our members that helped out & the other clubs that helped & turned up on a miserable night .

Sorry for jibbering but I have been drinking!  :(

yes but i was on  tele tonight channel nine , did you see me did you see me LOL
Great effort everybody we all should be proud.

;w How could we miss you....But Craig was on tele to  standing out in the rain did you see him........

Nitroman

GO GARRY GO ......
« Reply #109 on: February 15, 2009, 09:20:35 PM »
bugger...I missed it...anyone got the footage online yet??

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333