Author Topic: Petition: Car Enthusiasts Against Lowering & Raising Vehicle Laws !  (Read 17839 times)

GT SALLY

Petition: Car Enthusiasts Against Lowering & Raising Vehicle Laws !
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2009, 08:00:28 PM »
Originally posted by heven67
Get your car engineered and you have no problems.

I agree, add a blower or something unnatural, sure, but "dropping". Both my sons are in the auto trades & had many vehicles engineered at very reasonable cost, like 2.5 lt turbo/4 wheel disc/lowered Gemini, adding 13b turbo to an early model RX7 etc, , plus countless numbers of their mates doing alot more (thank god there all driving sedate V8's now) but they still got pulled over & no matter what cert you got, the authorities will always find something to pick, especially if you're young. Us old farts (I'm 58) don't have a problem, we are invincible, ALMOST!!!!!

BTW, I have signed the petition!

65pony

• Speedster
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2009, 10:16:02 AM »
the law their putting in place stops any car no matter what make or model from being lowered more than 50mm. After 50mm their is a grey area where it is upto the cop to decide what he wants to do. Now this does not only apply to cars lowered but also cars being raised. So any 4WD raised after August 1st is at risk aswell!

They have made this law also a red sticker applicable offence, meaning you will have to have your car towed home or possibly impounded depending once again on the police officer.

Now this law "apparently" applies to all motor vehicles and drivers of all ages. Which means where all at risk (young drivers more so I can guarantee!!)

CPU any update on a possible protest cruise??

cpu

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2009, 11:18:21 AM »
Haven't heard anything on a protest cruise but there are apparently some of the 4x4 guys trying to be organize a meeting with the minister.  Don't give them their chances but we shall see.

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2009, 11:34:54 AM »
After looking at the RTA web site, and particularly figure 3, there is no way that a stretch limo will pass that test.

"http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/downloads/vsi/vsi_50_raising-and-lowering-vehicles_17-july-2009.pdf"

Steve

• Speedster
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2009, 06:58:21 PM »
Originally posted by bonnevista
After looking at the RTA web site, and particularly figure 3, there is no way that a stretch limo will pass that test.

"http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/downloads/vsi/vsi_50_raising-and-lowering-vehicles_17-july-2009.pdf"

copy and paste link !
makes for some interesting reading ...........
I like the one "A Vehicle that is out-of-control poses a risk to other road users "
this one is definitely NOT a revenue raiser is it !!!!!!!!!!;I:mad:

Muzzy 66

• Rally Licence
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2009, 09:06:17 AM »
Never been one for online petitions..I think there worthless....

Much better to send a letter or email to your local member and have locals in your area to do the same.....Just my opinion...

Remembering that Michael Daly is only the mouthpiece,sure He's the Minister and Hes been there for about 12 months,the goons at the RTA have been there for years there the ones pushing for this along with the coppers.

You cant reason with the RTA,have a look at some of them that work there,seriously they still wear cardigans,and drink twinnings at 9.15 every single day with one scotch finger biscuit...

If ever your dealing with them regarding your car in a build up for example never give them your name when you call for info,its like they have a black book then when your car is ready and they handle the paperwork,they come to play.Cardigans and all.

Liz had a 2L EFI engine that I put in here car,so we went from a smokey old 1.6l 79 model engine to a 90's fuel injected unleaded engine so one would assume better emissions unleaded fuel etc and these goons carried on like pork chops.
Dont think that being engineered is a saviour either,In court or at the end of the day it may help you,not gaurantee you,Its entirely upto the copper who pulls you over,they can write what ever ticket they like and then you the owner has to deal with it,weather that ticket is fitting to the car or not.

Liz's car was engineered and she was pretty handy with what was done with it,she was pulled over and the coppers gave her heaps,she showed him the engineering papers and he continued he tried to pin her for untidy wirring under the dash,along with some crap about no charcoal cannister,that was under the guard that she was able to point out,when she explained that the wiring he could see was actually the loom for the ECU,he wasnt so bad,its upto the owner of the car to be familiar with both there car and the rules,otherwise its open slather in there favor.

Unsure if they still do but years ago the headlight centre height from memory was 600mm,the coppers  where running 500 or 550,be interesting to see what they run and what the reg is now.
Growing old is inevitable,Growing up is optional.!!!!!  66 Mustang Coupe.

65pony

• Speedster
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2009, 09:50:55 AM »
I spoke to some mates who have some pretty nice cars (even though their rice burners) and they all seems to be pretty keen.

We put up a post on their usual forum and their has been an overwhelming response..

How many guys would be up for this?? A big meet at a location somewhere in Sydney and then a cruise to the gong for maybe a big bbq?? Hopefully aim to get as many people and cars aware of this to get a huge turnout and media involved...

We want to try and get as many different types of cars as possible to show it really affects all cars and all ages not just us young guys.

;7

69DirtyRat

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2009, 07:48:20 PM »
Only thing that could be a worry is that they will use this as an excuse to defect everyone! But I'll be in!
1969 Corvette ZL-1 540ci 755hp
1972 Chevy Suburban 454ci
1959 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Limo 390ci 325hp
www.ratpackmuscle.com

65pony

• Speedster
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2009, 08:07:45 PM »
yea that's the only real concern we have. But if were able to hook up some media support then maybe they will save face and only monitor it rather than disrupt it.

GT SALLY

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2009, 08:59:31 PM »
Originally posted by 69DirtyRat
Only thing that could be a worry is that they will use this as an excuse to defect everyone! But I'll be in!

I am a chance also depending on date, don't have a prob being defected (I hope) as mine is completely stock except for exhaust, but anything for a worthwhile cause.

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333