Author Topic: new forum member - help with engineering/RTA woes  (Read 7328 times)

GTA390

new forum member - help with engineering/RTA woes
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2009, 03:43:34 PM »
Nice ;2

Right out of left field here but if all else fails how about bolting 2 stock doors on for rego.

David.

robbie

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2009, 05:19:44 PM »
hadn't thought of that! not sure how easy it would be to find some locally though!

I would ideally prefer to get the car properly engineered as it means a) the police can't touch me and b) it will be easier to resell if I ever need to.

Can't wait to get it here and get involved with the club, you all seem like a friendly bunch ;16

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2009, 05:52:48 PM »
Originally posted by GTA390
Nice ;2

Right out of left field here but if all else fails how about bolting 2 stock doors on for rego.

David.

Or attaching them with double sided tape.

usa383

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2009, 06:16:30 PM »
Originally posted by bonnevista
Originally posted by GTA390
Nice ;2

David.

Or attaching them with double sided tape.

or  coat hanger wire with a loop in it wedged between the glass  like my xd ute;x
Seriously thought what a top looking car Robbie good luck with rego mate

GT SALLY

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2009, 09:51:51 PM »
My son used these guys (Lohning Bros Engineers at Peakhurst) for his turbo gemini (9 years ago) & his highly modified SS Commodore (4 years) & a turbo RX7. They were very good & professional. At the end of the day, it's gotta be right so forget the tape, don't want to cruise thru Brighton or Bondi or LaPeruse when they got a blitz happening! Where there's a will, there's a way & who you know!!!

robbie

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2009, 08:18:21 PM »
Hi All, thought I'd write a quick update. I spoke this arvo with a guy named Nick from Specialized Fabrications. I think they're over Narellan way, forgot to ask. Turns out these guys seem to do a one-stop shop, able to sort out my shaved door handles and the air-bag suspension height controllers, AND issue an engineering plate and blue slip for the car.

Some of the prices they quoted were a bit pricier than others, but some were cheaper too. And the convenience of getting all the work and engineering approval done in the one place is a big plus.

Just gotta get the freakin car in the country now....so excited I can hardly sleep haha!

twodogs

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2009, 01:00:20 PM »
;4  Dribble dribble ;u  
                                   ;5 phil

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333