Author Topic: CPU where are you......  (Read 25575 times)

68PONY

CPU where are you......
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2009, 07:57:01 AM »
Originally posted by bonnevista
Originally posted by bonnevista
Been there, done that.  I raced at the first nostalgia drags with my '64 Bonneville.  Beaten in the second round.
Also raced the ragtop at the Riverina Drag Racing Club's strip at Narraderra.

used to be a semi-regular at the old Eastern Creek on a Wednesday night in the same car.  I stopped going, as by the time you bought fuel, paid your entry and bought food, your 3, maybe 4 runs cost about $100 for the evening.    

And thats on a good night , ive been there where i only got 2 runs and now it cost $50 just to turn up , who could be bothered , i'd much rather fork out $200 get 40 to 50 people book out the track and race with ya mates all day , take the bbq and make a day of it .
I'm happy to do that 1-2 times a year keeps me satisfied , its also great for testing  your launch , you can experiment on what works best , if your keen you could easily do 20-30 runs , most people do 12-15 and then  enjoy watching some of the action , much better  value when you take into account how many runs you get.
hmmmmmm sounds like a amcca club run maybe ;12

GAS455

CPU where are you......
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2009, 08:10:22 AM »

And thats on a good night , ive been there where i only got 2 runs and now it cost $50 just to turn up , who could be bothered , i'd much rather fork out $200 get 40 to 50 people book out the track and race with ya mates all day , take the bbq and make a day of it .
I'm happy to do that 1-2 times a year keeps me satisfied , its also great for testing  your launch , you can experiment on what works best , if your keen you could easily do 20-30 runs , most people do 12-15 and then  enjoy watching some of the action , much better  value when you take into account how many runs you get.
hmmmmmm sounds like a amcca club run maybe ;12 [/quote]

Private tracks days are a much better option.
Thats where Fi cut her teeth on the Drag racing game. No pressure...just have fun.
She started off in the mid 15's...with no burnout, and got it down to a 12.2 as her confidence grew.

I would rather the Private track days and the Nostalgias.  Better days...and value for money.

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333