Author Topic: registering an import  (Read 4649 times)

rottnbrat

registering an import
« on: April 25, 2007, 10:33:47 AM »
Hi all, I have recently imported a 57 chevy and would like to know if I need to have an engine and chassis No. as all I have is a VIN No. and if  I do need engine or chassis No's. how do I go about getting them?
;J

YellowLightning

registering an import
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 10:49:10 AM »
the most important thing u will need is a copy of your import papers no import papers and dont even try getting it registered

when u get the blue slip they will write down your engine number and chassis number on the form

rottnbrat

registering an import
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 05:11:57 PM »
Unfortunately it doesn't have an engine No. on the block ( should be on the front left of a big block chev shouldn't it?) and has no chassis No. that I can find. All I have on the import papers is the VIN No.

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
registering an import
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 01:47:48 PM »
Originally posted by rottnbrat
Unfortunately it doesn't have an engine No. on the block ( should be on the front left of a big block chev shouldn't it?) and has no chassis No. that I can find. All I have on the import papers is the VIN No.

How are you going to explain the big block in the engine bay without an engineers report?  I'm not saying you can't register it with the big block, but they won't register it with the 1957 drum brakes on the front.  It will need a brake upgrade and an engineers report for the BBC.

As far as the old line of "the RTA have no idea what they're looking at", I don't think the RTA or the mechanic who gives you the blue slip are quite as dumb as some people think.

77CVT

• P Plater
registering an import
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 03:33:07 PM »
;G

I think you will have to (or get someone to) stamp a number on the block.  I'd doubt anyone can register a car with no engine No.

Just tell 'em your small block has fat rocker covers!  ;-)

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333