Author Topic: Newbie from the USA  (Read 16239 times)

79stingray

Newbie from the USA
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2009, 05:17:31 AM »
Originally posted by MuscleVette
Welcome to our forum I spent a lot of time in Vancouver & we use to go down to Bellingham & water ski in that lake & then go back to a dinner or bar to eat. Washington State is really nice. My mate owns Corvette Specialities up near Surrey Vancouver.
  ;v Garry ;M:cool:  
Spent some time all over Vancouver...Delta,Surrey,Burnaby,etc. I've heard of Corvette Specialties,but havent done business as yet. I think the lake you mean is Lake Samish? Strange,I've done loads of snow skiing all over Washington,& even a couple times at Whistler, B.C.,Canada, but never have water skiid!

79stingray

Newbie from the USA
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2009, 05:24:35 AM »
Originally posted by 69DirtyRat
Well now is the time! come on over! ;F
If I could,I'd make plans right now,but I'm in a pretty F'd up situation these days.I had to stop working to care for my mother with Alzheimers/Dementia.Its too the point where she has trouble doing minor everyday things now,Saddest part is she no longer knows I'm her son.Found out about the moral fortitude of my relatives,in the process.No contact at all from extended family,& if I beg I might get my sister to come by once a month,& shes only 30 minutes away!Cant leave unless I pay someone to come in,if its over an hour. I'm pretty much isolated. Nice,eh?  ;K  for whining to you guys,I'll stop now!;16

79stingray

Newbie from the USA
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2009, 05:28:31 AM »
Originally posted by usa383
Hi mate good to see you made it here,you're Vette's looking awesome as usual.
I have just noticed the TTops I got off you are in Sydney already,now the slow part.
I'm sure you will enjoy this forum  ;F
Wow! Sydney already? I'm still waiting over a week to get something from our East Coast!;N

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
Newbie from the USA
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2009, 08:31:18 AM »
Originally posted by 79stingray
Originally posted by MuscleVette
Welcome to our forum I spent a lot of time in Vancouver & we use to go down to Bellingham & water ski in that lake & then go back to a dinner or bar to eat. Washington State is really nice. My mate owns Corvette Specialities up near Surrey Vancouver.
  ;v Garry ;M:cool:  
Spent some time all over Vancouver...Delta,Surrey,Burnaby,etc. I've heard of Corvette Specialties,but havent done business as yet. I think the lake you mean is Lake Samish? Strange,I've done loads of snow skiing all over Washington,& even a couple times at Whistler, B.C.,Canada, but never have water skiid!

I played baskeball at Burnaby and Richmond when I was 15 (I'm now 48 - yes a loooong time ago).

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
Newbie from the USA
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2009, 08:33:14 AM »
A Corvette would have to be the ideal car for the Pacific Northwest - fiberglass doesn't rust!

79stingray

Newbie from the USA
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2009, 09:47:57 AM »
Originally posted by bonnevista
A Corvette would have to be the ideal car for the Pacific Northwest - fiberglass doesn't rust!
Well,dont tell anyone,but the secret around here is that it doesnt rain as much as everyone else thiks! We do have our moments though.  

One city that is known for rain is Seattle, Washington. Rain is common in the winter, but mostly the climate is cloudy with little rain. Seattle's average rainfall is 942 mm (37.1 in) per year,[7] less than New York City's 1173 mm (46.2 in),[8] but Seattle has 201 cloudy days per year, compared to 152 in New York. Seattle's neighbor to the south, Portland, Oregon, gets more rain with an average of 1143 mm (45 in) a year. [9] However, it should be noted that Seattle lies in the rain shadow of the nearby Olympic Mountains, with some locations on the windward sides of the mountains receiving close to 3300 mm (about 130 in) per year.[10] The wettest city in the 48 contiguous United States is Mobile, Alabama, which average 1702 mm (67 in) of rainfall per year.[11] Ketchikan and other locations in the temperate rainforest of southeast Alaska get an average of 4064 mm (160 in) of rain a year,[12] sometimes receiving over 5000 mm (about 200 inches) in a year.
 ;E

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333