Author Topic: split  (Read 3742 times)

GT SALLY

split
« on: January 18, 2010, 04:09:38 PM »
Quote from: bonnevista link=topic=2589.msg16089#msg16089
Joe, they'rd be heaps of photos out there with Mustangs in the rear view mirror.

That's Joel, our youngest member, still on "P's", a fine young gentleman that any dad would be proud of, so you just watch wot-ya-sayin' coz he's the one to carry on this great luv of American muscle cars. Besides, he is speed limited but kept up, overtaking in that pic I believe, so there! He has big plans for his 170ci, take the challenge bonyvisty!!!!

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
split
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 04:56:31 PM »
Quote from: GT SALLY link=topic=2589.msg16092#msg16092
Joe, they'rd be heaps of photos out there with Mustangs in the rear view mirror.

That's Joel, our youngest member, still on "P's", a fine young gentleman that any dad would be proud of, so you just watch wot-ya-sayin' coz he's the one to carry on this great luv of American muscle cars. Besides, he is speed limited but kept up, overtaking in that pic I believe, so there! He has big plans for his 170ci, take the challenge bonyvisty!!!!

And the challenge would be what??  On the dyno, his 6 cylinder against the starter motor off the Grand Ville??

GT SALLY

split
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 05:10:31 PM »
Quote from: bonnevista link=topic=2589.msg16093#msg16093

And the challenge would be what??  On the dyno, his 6 cylinder against the starter motor off the Grand Ville??

NO! Not every challenge in this world relates to who is or has the best or biggest. Take this young guy under our wings, he accepts that he doesn't drive a car as big & powerful as the barge, he doesn't want to yet, he can't yet, but it is left hook, he's been pulled over by police in his very short driving career than probably you & I put together, unless of course your still on "P's". This young guy WILL be/is the future of clubs like ours. If his or any other "so-called" muscle car is in a rear vision mirror foto, great! Someone is seeing it! Didn't see your car in any mirror or foto?

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
split
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 05:27:16 PM »
Quote from: GT SALLY link=topic=2589.msg16094#msg16094
Quote from: bonnevista link=topic=2589.msg16093#msg16093

Didn't see your car in any mirror or foto?

Well, considering I'll have had my car for 8 years in March and in that time, I'll have driven it over 120,000 miles as my daily transport (it's the only car I own) and I'm driving it to Adelaide next month from Wollongong via the Great Ocean Road,  I don't think anyone in this club would ever suggest that somehow I'm not using my car.  BTW, I was at Castle Hill, but I stayed over on the north side the night before, so I just made my own way.
When you have a car as large as mine, you make your own convoy.  

GT SALLY

split
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 06:23:25 PM »
Hey I didn't suggest you don't use it, I just want you to respect our younger generation. I'm 58 & retired, I have alot of respect for kids like Joel as do the members who joined that cruise. I am not an active member very often but I am financial. Guys like you destroy a good club by your not so witty comments. Appologises to any member I offend, this is a great club. Joel is a really nice young lad & if we want future generations to carry on this great luv for American Muscle Cars no matter whether mustang or what, we can not make negative remarks no matter how humurous we may think they are, so please, respect others. Sorry I missed you, I did meet the "chicken man" & I am a member of both MOCA & AMMC of A, I chose to park with AMMC coz I believe it is a club that suits my needs better, even tho' I drive a Mustang. Sorry all!!!

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
split
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 07:21:35 PM »
There's one thing Joel and I have in common, we're both active members of the club.  I've known Joel for some time and I know that if he had a problem, he would speak up for himself.

There is one thing about Joel that's different to a lot of the 'old' Mustang brigade, he doesn't get all 'thingy' when someone pokes a barb at him.

I assume you've seen the banner across the bottom of my posts??  Do you think I put the photo up of my car as a ski boat, or do you think it was someone else??  I cried myself to sleep for weeks when I saw that.  Oops, was I destroying the club again with one of my not so witty comments??    

This is a multi-brand club. Poking fun at each other is part of the deal.  You should hear what I say about Chevrolets, although, I have to say, Mustang owners do provide much more ammunition.

I hope you haven't offended Joe by calling him chicken man.  He puts on a brave face, but I know how he really feels.:mad:  

GT SALLY

split
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 07:45:54 PM »
Sorry mate, haven't met you, now I know your humour. Now I know you respect the lad, sorry, OK. He is one great guy like I said before, any dad would be proud. I have 32 & 27 yo sons & I am proud of them, & they drive commies, but then my other car is a rice burner, so any badge is OK.
 BTW, Joe told me that was his name because of his mural I think?
Cheers
GT SALLY

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
split
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 07:49:37 PM »
I taught my 16 year old how to drive in my barge, but of course, now he's a P plater, he can't drive it.  It annoys the hell out of him.  

cpu

split
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010, 08:00:04 PM »
 :coffee: :boxing: :bow: :smile: :lol: :zip: :rol: :shades: :gotya:

and a host of others are there to use to display mood/humour intended.  Please use them.  It ensures there is no missunderstanding and would make my life a whole lot easier.  So pretty please with sugar on top, or................

:lol: :lol:

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333