Author Topic: Wangers Trip .. finished...  (Read 17812 times)

ozpont

• Rally Licence
    • www.usgmsp.com
Wangers Trip .. finished...
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2010, 05:38:24 PM »
.. .. what a welcome..  credit where credit is due....

Suttons Mascot Sales Manager Feras Alma.. .with pride & passion took to Wangers and Dave Anderson giving them a full account of the Holden dealership, the Commodore range, HSV range, getting access to certain HSV  vehicles and more.. ..
    A GREAT PLUG for Suttons Mascot .... Wangers & Anderson were VERY VERY impressed .. well done guys if this gets back to you, your courtesy and product knowledge won the day.

Comment of the day.. for those with an memory for Pontiac's performance outlet in the 60's..."Royal Pontiac" .that built so many high performance top selling GTO's from a Michigan based dealership... that on reviewing the full line up of  Commodore's, the wagons, the utes. .the Maloos. HSV's....the range of colors, performance enhancements as displayed....... that it was in his opinion... "its the Royal Pontiac of the New Millennium"

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2010, 11:36:27 AM »
Quote from: ozpont link=topic=2845.msg19016#msg19016
 All is set.. anybody going Saturday .. first 100 Pontiac's should fit into the reserved car park.. there is another 150 spot in the main carpark.. of Smithfield RSL, located one block in on the Cnr of Horsley Drive & Cumberland Hwy.   Jim Wangers main talk/presentation starts at 2.30pm.   Should all be wrapped up by 4pm 4.15.

Monday.. Bankstown Sports club..7.30pm start.   Tickets if not already purchased ($29) available at the door from 7pm... should finish around 10pm.. takes in two 1hr presentations saving the more interesting till last.

I plan to be there. I have stuff to do down here, but I'll do my best.  

MuscleVette

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2010, 09:12:22 AM »
From the people I spoke to on Saturday night, the afternoon was great Joe Johnson & Sue Bell had their cars signed by Jim Wangers does that mean you pair will never wash that part of the car again LOL.
     Any way you can still get to see Jim on Monday night at the Bankstown Sports club he will be speaking about the muscle car area & lots more.

:seeya: Garry :coffee:  
Past And Present Cars

joe74ta

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2010, 09:48:42 AM »
I must admit I was not sure what to expect but after attending the talk I can tell you if you call your self a true muscle car guy you must not miss this guy. Jim Wanger is a true living legend.

PS Tickets are available at the door on monday night I can guarantee you will not be disappointed.

roadhound

« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2010, 11:33:28 PM »
Congrats Joe couldnt think of a
better ride to have  authenticated
and autographed ......:bow:

Hemifish

« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2010, 08:30:05 PM »
hi all , just wanted to know if anybody went on MONDAY night to see JIM [the ledgend ] WANGERS , i couldn't make it.:cry::cry::cry:

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2010, 09:20:28 PM »
Yep, I wouldn't have missed it.

We even had our own AMCCA table.:shades:

ozpont

• Rally Licence
    • www.usgmsp.com
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2010, 03:33:03 PM »
   The "Father of the muscle car" American Jim Wanger's made one of the most interesting open visits to Australia of ANY US Motoring person in recent memory...

Completed in Adelaide last night to the biggest audience of his Australian lecture tour...... after 7 days.. 5 presentations... 4 states live on the spot in front of hundreds & hundreds of enthusiasts and professional guests.. ...

If you missed this 84 year old..... you missed a moment most participant's will not forget.. as simple as this whole event was.

....with this effort now signing off.... maybe enough's said.. that in all the nearly 3hrs of combined presentations.. in each of the States.. .. NOT ONE person left early... not one, male or female...!

http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor-news/the-original-muscle-man-20100513-v04e.htmlhttp://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor-news/the-original-muscle-man-20100513-v04e.html

MuscleVette

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2010, 05:19:40 PM »
Dave I must agree he is fantastic for his age on the Monday night I went along with some of our fellow club members he was fantastic spoke for 2 hours & didn't miss a beat. Hope he enjoyed our club shirt & cap we donated.

:seeya: Garry :coffee:
Past And Present Cars

GAS455

« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2010, 09:32:11 PM »
I had the opportunity to spend the Day with Jim and Dave last monday as Geoff Swaverly and I picked them up from their hotel in the city.  We went to lunch, watched him do his interview for Drive, and had dinner with them, and chatted after his talk.

They were great guys, and both had plenty of stories to tell.

Gary,  I talked to him about the AMCCA and how the club actually gets out and uses their cars, has a great mixture of cars and people.

He did like what you gave him.

I noticed how no one moved in his talks.

They were very interesting!

Gas

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333