Author Topic: GTO episode of Muscle Cars  (Read 2564 times)

Bumblebee

GTO episode of Muscle Cars
« on: January 25, 2010, 02:25:31 PM »
One for Joe::shades:

10:30 am on Monday the 1st of Feb, on channel 634 Discovery Turbo Max

American Horsepower: Fast, popular, and empowering, muscle cars were a celebration of the 60's American automotive performance. In this hour, we'll take a look at muscle cars: what they are, where they went, and their dynamic return.

Long synopsis: They hit the road in the '60s and took off like rockets. Wicked fast, wildly popular, and positively empowering, muscle cars were a celebration of American automotive performance. Then all too soon, the party ended but not for everyone. In this hour, we'll take a look at muscle cars: what they are, where they went, and their dynamic return. We'll see how the big automakers pumped up their product - starting with the first true muscle car, the GTO. We'll meet the folks who never gave up the dream: the racers with their lust for speed and the bodybuilders, devoted to maxing out their muscle cars.

joe74ta

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 03:48:31 PM »
Thanks Bee I saw that coming up but I will have to catch the rerun. Im trying to make a hole in my garage for the duster at the moment.

Muzzy 66

• Rally Licence
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 10:29:45 PM »
Its on in a weeks time shagger..

One for Joe:

10:30 am on Monday the 1st of Feb, on channel 634 Discovery Turbo Max
Growing old is inevitable,Growing up is optional.!!!!!  66 Mustang Coupe.

joe74ta

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 11:01:00 PM »
OK....THANKS I will make sure to catch it.

ozpont

• Rally Licence
    • www.usgmsp.com
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 06:19:17 PM »
    From Angelo Van Bogart Editor of, OLD Cars Weekly. He is an experienced expert on American collector cars . I thought you might be interested in the attached quote.

"I believe hot "Ponchos"will hold their own in the performance-car market, probably getting hotter,

and the value of Tin  Indians" before and after them will remain steady, with collectors

making purchases for all the reasons they would have before Pontiac was cut from the GM stable."

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333