Author Topic: Petition against changes to Modified Vehicle laws NSW  (Read 14885 times)

Muzzy 66

• Rally Licence
Petition against changes to Modified Vehicle laws NSW
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010, 09:39:37 PM »
Hi folks.,...

Like everything with the internet there is a down side.
Online petitions rarely have much success,if you really care and give a toss,fire off an email to your local member of parliament and to the Minister if your really excited.

If a MP gets 1,2,3 or more letters relating to the same matter ,that generally means there is concern within the public of there Electorate.

This weeks transport Minister is

John Robertson

office@robertson.minister.nsw.gov.au
Growing old is inevitable,Growing up is optional.!!!!!  66 Mustang Coupe.

MuscleVette

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2010, 10:00:14 PM »
I do believe this petition will finish up at the Transport Minister office lets hope you are wrong & this does have the effect that it is intended for & you can still send your local member a email as well which may also help.

:seeya: Garry :hangloose:
Past And Present Cars

Muzzy 66

• Rally Licence
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2010, 06:26:38 AM »
My point being that on-line petitions dont carry much strength,When you go into Macquarie St you only get one chance,to prove your case,On line petitions are not the best choice of amunition.
Other Members of Parliament raising the comcerns with the Minister along with a strong case from the affected Parties is the best method.

69DirtyRat

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2010, 09:57:27 AM »
Who's good at writing letters?
 If someone outlines all the points and puts it a document form then we can all copy it, then each person can put your local Politicians name and address at the top and send it off! Thats what I did for the lowering/raising law that got stopped! And I did get a response, if we all flood our local Politicians with letters they have to act! remember there is elections soon so they may actually listen for a change????
1969 Corvette ZL-1 540ci 755hp
1972 Chevy Suburban 454ci
1959 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Limo 390ci 325hp
www.ratpackmuscle.com

68PONY

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2010, 01:29:01 PM »
Quote from: 69DirtyRat link=topic=3437.msg20930#msg20930
Who's good at writing letters?
 If someone outlines all the points and puts it a document form then we can all copy it, then each person can put your local Politicians name and address at the top and send it off! Thats what I did for the lowering/raising law that got stopped! And I did get a response, if we all flood our local Politicians with letters they have to act! remember there is elections soon so they may actually listen for a change????

That is a great idea andy , if we all had a simular letter outlaying our concerns , we all live in different parts of sydney , NSW  , that just might make them think that this could cost votes and is a bigger issue than what they think.

Muzzy 66

• Rally Licence
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2010, 05:21:42 PM »
The petition lacks a whole lot of info,such as a link to the suggested changes.

Ive been looking about but cant come across too much.Plenty of waffle on forums.

The basis for all this seems to be  the minutes of the ASRF Meeting.

IMO if these guys are speaking on all our behalves,then we are in the poo,with some of the cars carrying there stickers is it any wonder changes "are in the wind".

Anyone know where to find the relevant details, from the RTA or the Minister,to substantiate the changes,That info would be handy to have, to write a decent letter with some relevant points of fact.

Hoorroo

MuscleVette

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2010, 07:56:47 PM »
I received this email about the petition asking could we post it on our forum so I got CPU to post it, no one said we have to sign it but I think it will help & as Andy said put a letter together & post it to your local member. If all of these changes happen with the ASRF it won't take long before RTA start looking at all imported cars & how many stock standard cars do we have in our club. I know the CMC will not put much effort into this because they only like stock standard cars.

:seeya: Garry :hangloose:
Past And Present Cars

heven67

• Rally Licence
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2010, 09:56:12 PM »
[align=center]
BLING IS KING. Real muscle cars have 3 pedals  "Praise The Lowered"[/align]

Muzzy 66

• Rally Licence
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2010, 06:18:12 AM »
Thats great thats its on this forum along with every other forum and all over facebook.

Still doesnt change the point that it seems to be based on not very much at all and no press release from the Gov or the RTA and very little from the source of this starting up.

The best info for the start of this is below.

"The main reason for this petition is that the RTA has had meeting with
Delegates from the Australian Street Rod Federation and have told them (even
showed them a draft copy) of a new system. However they will not release
this information, Hence the need for consultation. I will send out more
information as I get it."

So when we have so more info & facts on the actual plans we can then action it effectively I guess.

cluxford

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2010, 07:54:48 AM »
Got this off Ozrodders....it was written by one of the two ASRF reps who were in the meeting with the RTA

Hi Rodders,

I must admit I am not partial to these forums as things can be taken out of context and blown out of proportion.

I would like to clarify that no information has been withheld from the ASRF Committee meetings with the RTA as mentioned in this and other forums.
It has been well documented that the RTA has been working for several years on a revised version of the Modified Production Code of Practice that we register our vehicles to today. The document that the RTA is working with to replace the Code of Practice is called VSB14 (The National Code of Practice for Modified Vehicles) a subclause of this document is the National Guidelines for Street Rods. This document is a Technical Document that most States with the exception of NSW and QLD have adopted as Policy. The ASRF has been dealing with the RTA to implement a registration system for Street Rods utilising the Technical Guidelines from this document.

On Friday 2nd July 2010 two members of the ASRF Committee (myself and Darren Abela) met with the RTA, in this three hour meeting several issues were discussed, one of which was the RTA proposed that Street Rods should look at adopting the line of an ICV with exemptions, another was discussed regarding a restricted registration based on the above document with restricted days of road use. The RTA asked that we the ASRF Committee submit a revised proposal considering these options. I am at present finalising our revised submission based on an unrestricted registration scheme. The Committee will review this revised proposal before submission to the RTA.

As mentioned above the RTA is working on the replacement Guidelines and in their wisdom are not looking to implement it as a whole document, we were given a portion of the draft document be it half a page defining what they might classify as an ICV. If implemented this portion this would make most heavily modified vehicles ICV’s, but this is draft document only.
I would like to make a point at this time that the RTA a couple of years ago put VSB14 (National Code of Practice for Modified Vehicles) out for public comment and to the Working Parties who assisted in the development of the Modified Production Code of Practice we register vehicles to today, (this document was original implemented in 1994) however the ASRF who was part of the original Working Party was not consulted (they were forgotten). This document has been closed for Public Comment for some time now, technically the ASRF or any other party other than the working party have no rebuff on this document, however the RTA have advised they would like our input on any issues in this document. We are still waiting on a complete draft of the VSB14.

Another point raised at the meeting was the implementation of the revised VSI50 (Raising and lowering of vehicles) this has been well documented through the ASRF as the ASRF Committee brokered a deal with the RTA that Street Rods have exemption to this document. The RTA advised that they are looking to implement VSI50 in August 2010 and there will be a grace period.

The RTA also advised that the new Engineering System is hoped to be implemented in February 2011.

On another matter and I hope I am not speaking out of term, but to try and minimise phone calls and people’s concerns that nothing is being done for post 49 vehicles, I am meeting with some prominent car enthusiasts this Friday, with the intent of the group to establish an Umbrella Association for all vehicle registrations (i.e. Street Machines, Vintage & Veteran, 4 Wheel Drives, Modified Vehicles, etc). This Association will not be looking at taking over the registration or administration from these car groups, it is purely for numbers, if a group has issues or needs assistance in registration with numbers backing an Association we can achieve a lot more than each individual group on its own. I agree with some people’s opinions in this forum that things look dark however on a brighter note we have people ready to take the fight, we need to not get confused about these issues, not think some organisation is going to take over the world, we just need to trust and assist those taking up the fight after all we are all motor enthusiast looking to keep what we believe is rightfully ours. Years ago I figured out that it was ok to complain once, but if you want results you need to take action, you need to do it in the right process and in due course to get the right results.

We will keep you informed on further information pertaining to the Umbrella Association.

I would like to remind everybody that the Directors and Committees of the ASRF are Volunteers, no one is being paid for their efforts.

Something to think about when talking to Politicians you talk numbers, the more numbers the bigger the ears open up, Politicians talk electorate (numbers) an electorate is equal to 47,500 voters so if we have 600,000 members under one Umbrella Association we should be able to pull a chair up to the table when needed.

At this point I would like to thank all those who are supporting us in this fight to keep our Hobbies, Passions and Heritage alive.

I hope this has cleared up some confusion.

Yours in rodding

Elvis

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333