Club News > Show Off Your Ride

ooohhhh mumma

<< < (4/4)

SBC-68-FIREBIRD:
Decided after doing quite a bit of reading to have my car re-checked on the dyno after having the exhaust changed. From what I had read & spoken to people about it should have been running lean after changing from the pressed bent 2.5" system up to a mandrel bent 3" system so I decided to have it checked before running it at the Nostalgias in a few weeks. The jetting was still perfect but the timing was a a bit low so fixed that up & all done. He told me also to change the power valve from 6.5 to a 4.5 so will do that when I get around to it. Ended up running 1hp over what it did previously but this is not a good indication as I have also changed the converter since it was last dyno'd so the track will tell what difference the pipes have made. End figure was 383.2RWHP.

69DirtyRat:
nice numbers! Are you happy with that?

73Transam:
woohoo, WTG Scott, sounds cool too, see you at the Nostalgia's you and Pete should have a run again:hangloose:

SBC-68-FIREBIRD:
69DirtyRat, it would have been nice to say it made 400 at the wheels but in the end they are just dyno figures, the way it gets off the line & ET's is more what I am interested in. eg - it made 382.6rwhp last time it was dyno'd & ran 12.0 @ 114mph, since then it has gone 11.4 @ 118mph with no power change, just a good converter & some playing around with little stuff. For a true indication of the difference the exhaust made it should have been on the dyno after the converter swap then on it again after the exhaust change but dyno's seem to be gold plated these days :)

1983transam, thanks for that & am sure we will be having a run together, we may be the only two Pontiacs there, well a Pontiac & a Cheviac anyways :)  See ya there.  

twodogs:
:cool:   dribble dribble :drool:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version