Author Topic: Thanks Yvette and Mick  (Read 11117 times)

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
Thanks Yvette and Mick
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2010, 02:10:38 PM »
Quote from: chrisevo link=topic=3678.msg22902#msg22902

Ahhh the Flying Mechanic has pushed some sensitive buttons here!!! Luckily Mustang owner/drivers don't need to prove anything but enjoy the stats and facts and challenges put out above.:rol:

Stats and facts - according to the flying mechanic, you own a car that has to be in the workshop all the time to keep it on the road.

Self praise is no recomendation.:smile:

chrisevo

Thanks Yvette and Mick
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2010, 02:56:55 PM »
Quote from: bonnevista link=topic=3678.msg22906#msg22906

Ahhh the Flying Mechanic has pushed some sensitive buttons here!!! Luckily Mustang owner/drivers don't need to prove anything but enjoy the stats and facts and challenges put out above.:rol:

Stats and facts - according to the flying mechanic, you own a car that has to be in the workshop all the time to keep it on the road.

:huh: Not self praise - reality. Didn't realise personal mods (not new engines) was about "keeping it on the road" - the flying mechanic can testify the mods are "my choice" nothing to do with roadworthiness??

73Transam

• Speedster
    • pontiac68@optusnet.com
Thanks Yvette and Mick
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2010, 02:58:51 PM »
yeah all us Pontiac guys do is put fuel in them and drive them..funny about that!!!... Cant remember the last time my Pontiac was in the shop..:boxing:

rattusrex

Thanks Yvette and Mick
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2010, 04:32:43 PM »
:zip: Eddie

rattusrex

Thanks Yvette and Mick
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2010, 04:39:39 PM »
Nah, the above requires a response. Potatoes were usually driven by little old ladies. They didn't have a hard life on the race track, drag strips or street racing. Most of the Fords imported into
Australia require a complete restoration because they were out there being driven hard and winning. Eddie:shades:
A mobile block of flats with tennis court and swimming pool aint gonna cut it on the street, strip or track.

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
Thanks Yvette and Mick
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2010, 05:14:40 PM »
Quote from: chrisevo link=topic=3678.msg22907#msg22907
Quote from: bonnevista link=topic=3678.msg22906#msg22906

:huh: Not self praise - reality. Didn't realise personal mods (not new engines) was about "keeping it on the road" - the flying mechanic can testify the mods are "my choice" nothing to do with roadworthiness??

So, it sounds like you're saying, that they're that crummy to drive as standard cars, you have to modify them to make them bearable??  

My new engine is just replacing the original 1972 engine that's never been touched.  It still runs fine, but it's just worn out.

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
Thanks Yvette and Mick
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2010, 05:33:27 PM »
Quote from: rattusrex link=topic=3678.msg22911#msg22911
Nah, the above requires a response. Potatoes were usually driven by little old ladies. They didn't have a hard life on the race track, drag strips or street racing. Most of the Fords imported into
Australia require a complete restoration because they were out there being driven hard and winning. Eddie:shades:
A mobile block of flats with tennis court and swimming pool aint gonna cut it on the street, strip or track.

Now, there's an informed opinion.  I suppose you're forgetting about a certain car called the GTO?  Yeah, a "little old ladies" car all the way!!

My "mobile block of flats" cuts it just fine anywhere and everywhere I drive it.  I own my block of flats because it's the car I wanted.  If I wanted something else, I'd own it.:kick:    

Anyway, as far as little old ladies are concerned, according to Jan and Dean,
The little old lady from Pasadena,
Has a pretty little flower bed of white gardenias,
But parked in her rickety old garage
Is a brand new shiny red Super Stock Dodge.

Go granny, go granny, go granny go.

rattusrex

Thanks Yvette and Mick
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2010, 07:43:26 PM »
How about "Little GTO" by Jan & Dean BV? Each to his own but I don't think G.M. have won Le Mans three times as Ford has albeit with the help of Lola and others. Then, of course, there's the innumerable F1 victories of the Cosworth-Ford engine. Plus the '70 Trans Am title. I believe AMC scored more points than the G.M. products in the final year of the series. By the way, I like your car. It must be a b..... to park though. Eddie :shades:

joe74ta

• Top Fuel Pilot
Thanks Yvette and Mick
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2010, 11:13:24 PM »
This post is crap guys It started out saying thanks to Mick and Yevette for a job well done then turned to crap.
This is a mixed make club so get over it.

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
Thanks Yvette and Mick
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2010, 12:25:10 AM »
Quote from: rattusrex link=topic=3678.msg22914#msg22914
How about "Little GTO" by Jan & Dean BV? Each to his own but I don't think G.M. have won Le Mans three times as Ford has albeit with the help of Lola and others. Then, of course, there's the innumerable F1 victories of the Cosworth-Ford engine. Plus the '70 Trans Am title. I believe AMC scored more points than the G.M. products in the final year of the series. By the way, I like your car. It must be a b..... to park though. Eddie :shades:

Little GTO was Ronnie and the Daytonas.

It's not really hard to park and it goes through the drive through at McDonalds.  Once upon a time, in the US, everyone drove cars that size.  Remember that giant station wagon Carol Brady of the Brady Bunch drove?

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333