Author Topic: Weather seals seals - 1977 Transam  (Read 12889 times)

joe74ta

• Top Fuel Pilot
Weather seals seals - 1977 Transam
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2011, 08:14:44 PM »
Quote from: 1977 Transam link=topic=4113.msg26064#msg26064
Hi hammer. I'm using the net from my Samsung phone and not sure how to upload pics. If anyone knows i would be more than happy to listen.

Here is a tutorial on how to post pics using photo bucket you can upload to photo bucket straight from your mobile.

http://www.americanmusclecarsaustralia.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=1019

you can find lots more forum tips and tutorials in the Help With This Forum section  CLICK HERE

Hammer

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2011, 08:48:16 AM »
Thank you Joe for your help.  

1977 Transam

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2011, 09:01:42 AM »
Sorry it's taking me so long to come back to you guys.  trying to take a pic in full light with my camera.  By the time I get home it's too late.  I'll try posting one on Sat.

I've registered with photo bucket though.  I'll spend some time figuring out how to use it.

Funny you know.  I've used pc's all my life and the internet but haven't used a forum until recently.  I feel like i'm technically disadvantaged now.  he he.

Is anyone going to Harrys on Sat night?  I'll be bringing the transam along.

73Transam

• Speedster
    • pontiac68@optusnet.com
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2011, 12:09:59 PM »
yeah was thinking about going Saturday night, anyone else going?:hangloose:

1977 Transam

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2011, 06:32:26 AM »
Just as an update guys.  I went to Ralph Moores over the weekend to get my car looked at.  Found out my windscreen wasn'teven holding on to the car in the right hand corner.  The seals were all gone on that side.  Had it pulled out, cleaned up and placed back in with new clips and sealed back.  Metal surrounds fit perfect now.  Gotta touch up the paint now though because the metal wouldn't secure to the clips because it was bent out of shape.:cry:

Back glass had the clips and seal replaced and things sit flat back there as well.  Need  to touch up that paint as well though.

When I drove it home a lot of the sounds I thought I was hearing from the t-tops weren't there any more.  Maybe the windscreen not being secure was causing flex around the t-tops.  Or it was the windscreen making the noises.  Either way it's one more thing fixed.

We did find out though that the Transam has a bit of rust around the front and rear glass.  It's never ending.  I know she needs a paint job but I was trying to prioritise the work.

Also got the suspension to look at too.

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333