Author Topic: 350 chev oil pressure sender location  (Read 8814 times)

97Vette

• Speedster
350 chev oil pressure sender location
« on: September 21, 2011, 01:07:27 PM »
Hey Chris I have a 350 chev ZZ3 crate motor in my 80 corvette. It has a HEI very large distributor which cramps the oil pressure sender location next to/under the distributor.
The sender is screwed in at right angles into a vertical adaptor post which screws into the block. I have an oil leak in that vicinity (I hope in that location) and I cannot tighten the post into the block because the sender clashes with the back of the inlet manifold and the fire wall.
Can I screw a flexible adaptor into the block with the sender fixed to the other end which I can then position to clear everything or should I look for an alternative sender location into the block ie next to oil filter?
Thanks
Glen:shades:

sms777

• Rally Licence
  • Sponsor & The Mechanic
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 06:06:33 PM »
Hi Glen,
Sounds like you will have to remove the sender to fix the oil leak, once it is off then you can reseal the adapter. Most of times it is the sender itself the cause of the leak. They tend to let go at the body.
If you want to relocate it there is an oil gallery plug just above the oil filter housing that connects straight to the rear main cap so it is a good source for oil pressure.
I hope this helps.
Cheers, Chris.  

Phone 02 9793 3332
Biggles, The Flying Mechanic

97Vette

• Speedster
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 07:35:00 PM »
Thanks for your prompt reply Chris.
I think I might try the alternate sender location option above the oil filter as I can't get enough access under the distributor and between the fire wall and inlet manifold. I am sure it is leaking where the vertical adaptor screws into the block.
Regards
Glen

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333