Author Topic: All American Day Castle Hill 2012  (Read 12990 times)

ozpont

• Rally Licence
    • www.usgmsp.com
Re: All American Day Castle Hill 2012
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2012, 12:24:44 AM »
...sure beat the sunburn...

Local Weather Report for Sydney as at 12.20am Sunday:

Sunday Morning    Temperature: 20°C
A mix of cloud and sun with a few showers. 3 to 7 mm of rain.    
   Sunday Afternoon    Temperature: 22°C
A mix of cloud and sun with showers likely.
Slight chance of a thunderstorm. 2 to 4 mm of rain. Windy at times.

birdman

• Rally Licence
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2012, 06:31:21 AM »
:rain::rain::rain: hi there fellow members,do we take the muscle car or daily drive?looking good from my window

1977 Transam

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2012, 06:33:17 AM »
Thanks Craig.

That's a relief about the ramp access.  

I'll be going today guys whether it rains or not.  We're supposed to be moved undercover if it's raining.

I spent 8 hours polishing the car yesterday.

Gotta make some use of it.  He he.

bluvelle

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2012, 06:48:33 AM »

Been raining out here all night. Just starting to clear up a bit now, but looks like more on the way at the moment.

We're still going though, at least it won't be too hot.

ozpont

• Rally Licence
    • www.usgmsp.com
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2012, 12:57:33 PM »
Was on the way up in the Pontiac ute..heading down just to the bottom of heathcote rd at the  Woronora Bridge and  was right on top of a head on between a truck & car about 50 metres South of the bridge.. Was there perhaps 10 seconds after it happened -everything was still..and raining...ended just staying and helped out as best you can... Within a minute maybe 10 others came out of nowhere... then took over so I ended up back up the road and blocked it off to stop the brain dead and site seer's gawking...getting people to do u turns quickly so the eu's could get down there before it all became clogged as it would have done in maybe 5minutes due to the roads limited approach.. It worked but still took about 15 minutes till the cavalry arrived in bulk. At least 6 Ambos  then reuse and SES then HWP etc before they shut down the road from the top.
   At least 4 people where in a VERY bad way..and you can do bugger all to really help them.. One perhaps deceased who was buried in the sedan...it's a bad bit of road especially in the wet. I understand the road was still closed at noon.

jpony

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2012, 04:25:37 PM »
Ended up a really nice day only a bit of rain on the way , Actually got a bot of sunburn. Still quite a few cars even with the weather iffy as it was.
Enjoy The Ride.    John Pony

2007 GT Tungsten Grey Premium Mustang Coupe. Auto.
IUP, Charcoal Aluminium Interior, Comfort Group, GT Apperance Package, Polished Exhaust Tips, 17" Polished Bullits, Hood Scoop, Shaker 1000, Shorty Antenna, Silver Racing Stripes, C & l  CAI Predator Tune.

1977 Transam

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2012, 05:20:57 PM »
It was a really good day out.  Met a lot of nice people.

A lot of really weird ones too.

It was nice talking to all the club members today.

Definitely looking forward to our next run.

Gene

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2012, 05:45:43 PM »
Sorry to hear that Ozpont........sounds like someone didn't finish the day.....makes you appreciate things more...........

As for Castle Towers.......everyone started the day shammying off their cars ......and not happy about the roof as all we could see was more clouds on all sides
after the massive carpark filled there was plenty to look at .....reminds me of the CMC Day at Eastern Creek the variety included 19 cars from our Club and 160 -170 Mustangs, an Excalibur, a Studebaker or two, plenty of Chevy sedans, I saw at least three T Birds with the porthole window, amongst many other Thunderbirds, Willys Jeeps some with trailers, a General McArthur lookalike with corn cob pipe,oh....sorry a centre area full of Corvettes, and in another area some really nice Lincoln Continentals and Cadillacs, we saw two cars from the early 1900's.......very interesting stuff....photos will follow soon

GULLY

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2012, 06:25:00 PM »
Another big day at Castle Towers for the annual All American Day........the weather played its part on the day but still lots of quality cars on show and a big crowd were there when I arrived just after 2pm. Well done to the Mustang Owners Club of Australia (NSW) for what was the 30th Anniversary on this popular car show in Sydney.

LINK to over 260 pics from today: http://www.carsofaustralia.com.au/events_gallery.php?details=1123

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2012, 06:45:42 PM »
30th anniversary today... I was at the 1st one at St. Ives Shopping Village, 1982 - I was soooo young.:coffee:

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333