Author Topic: Camaro Firebird & US Muscle Car Nats 2016  (Read 28143 times)

ozpont

• Rally Licence
    • www.usgmsp.com
Re: Camaro Firebird & US Muscle Car Nats 2016
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2016, 05:29:39 PM »
3 days to go

Looking for motel..  (4pm Tuesday.. One Motel room available 3 nights.. just down the road from the Theater & two blocks to town - 2 bed self contained in town if needed. email dave on  cfusnats@gmail.com .)

ozpont

• Rally Licence
    • www.usgmsp.com
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2016, 04:09:13 PM »
All over pretty much now.
127 entries
about 114 cars
Lots of couple's & lots of families.

Things to do too that  were also educational for older and younger minds..
Recommend Adelong Gold mines gets an UP hill elevator built in ....
Saturday nights entertainment seemed to go over especially well.. even two blocks down the road apparently..

Thank you to all those that helped big and small. It takes a full skilled staff to do an operation in a hospital.. not just one person.. and this event take the is same dedication & help.

Lots of perfect weather and a heap more to do that we had time for .. but as an introduction to the region many did not know much about.. it's been an eye opener.
The township from the Lady Mayoress who addressed the crowd on Saturday afternoon in the main street... to the  General Manager Bob Stewart appreciated the good character of the entrants.. the cars. . the visit..  It meant more to them then we first realized.. hence  why Tumuts General Manager took the personal time to come to the presentations last night.

That's its.. Tumut 2016 Nats.   Go visit again when  you have time  when possible - maybe cap it off by doing the drive from Tumut to Cooma to Canberra.. (not during winter but). 180kms comparable to driving Route 66 at times or driving by the beautiful mountainside without the rush... you will realize it only by doing it.   But Tumut's.. 4.5 hrs from Sydney.. 6 hours from Melbourne.

More images uploading on www.cfusnats.com.

Good video of Saturday afternoon up on youtube too. 

DazTurner

• P Plater
  • Camaro Guy, just like a normal guy but much faster
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2016, 05:20:32 PM »
What a top weekend, seriously awesome weekend, breathtaking countryside drives, great food, great town (Tumut), the tour of T3 was just awesome, the family and I had a wonderful time, good to see some of our AMCCA mates down there too. Definitely one for the slander when it runs next (possibly in 2 years time fingers crossed).
Huge thank you to Dave Clee, his wife, daughter and staff for an unreal event. Everybody I spoke too had a top time and the Tumut locals want us all back again.
Silver 68 SS 350 Camaro
Silver 2010 Camaro

Zoltan

• Speedster
  • Welcome
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2016, 09:02:04 PM »
Indeed, what an awesome weekend...  :thumb: I ended up clocking up 705 MILES!!
Great place, great people, great cars, great weather and just a great vibe...!

Ditto on the huge thank you to Dave Clee... what an outstanding job!
 :way:  :thank:

Also, big thank you to all the people who helped put it all together. Dave & his crew, Frank and his family... the judges, the "volunteers" it took so much from so many and I have to say, everyone was happy (even my wife, so that just says a LOT!!!)

THANK YOU ALL!!

silverz

• Speedster
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2016, 09:23:56 PM »
 :what: :omg:
Congratulations Dave and Clee family and also to the other tireless organisers of the CFOCOA and the Pontiac club, etc. Brilliant Elton Jack show, delicious buffet, great presentation night and band and quality T-shirts.
It was obvious and much appreciated that all of the above at this amazing well organised event was VERY HEAVILLY subsidised, thanks again to Dave! Unexpected warm cloudless weather, picturesque lakeside cruising, roof off to Talbingo, spotting numerous kangaroos and some people even sighting emus!
Over 24 AMCCA in attendance and congratulations to all trophy winners including Alan and his mean red T/A, (thanks again for your efforts Alan), Ross and Cheryl, their incredible ’96 Firebird picking up a trophy and Peter’s well deserved win for his immaculate ’72 Nova. The camaraderie of the NSW, VIC, ACT and SA clubs was matched by the friendly Tumut locals, even though their town had been taken over by 100’s of muscle cars. I hope Tumut benefits from a big influx of people and pesos next year. The Warbys will attempt to break their own 30 yr old 500 kph plus world water speed record on Blowering Dam using a new jet engine speed boat.
HEADS UP GUYS! Any upcoming events with the Clee stamp on it . . . BE THERE!!
Cheers, Bob and Susan.
 :thank: :way: :bow: :bow: :bow: :burnout:

69DirtyRat

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2016, 10:00:30 PM »
Hopefully next year I'll go?
1969 Corvette ZL-1 540ci 755hp
1972 Chevy Suburban 454ci
1959 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Limo 390ci 325hp
www.ratpackmuscle.com

Phone 02 9829 5072