Author Topic: Looking for a ford 460 engine  (Read 2826 times)

Hak

• P Plater
  • I'm new here
Looking for a ford 460 engine
« on: March 30, 2017, 11:44:10 AM »
Hi Guys looking for a ford 460 big block engine one that suits rebuild

hanging to build a big bore stroker

sms777

• Rally Licence
  • Sponsor & The Mechanic
Re: Looking for a ford 460 engine
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 12:24:54 PM »
G'day Hak,
Given up on the Mustang boys.....have you? This is a better community, I am glad that you found us. :thumb:
As for the 460.....you are wasting your time and money looking at second hand engines if you want to build a big bore stroker. The only thing you will be using is the bare block, the rest you will throw away.
In my opinion buy a brand new Ford Racing A460 block, it will be standard bore, no rusty water jackets and stripped  bolt holes to worry about and it comes with massive four bolt maincaps. They are all machined up ready to go with capable of handling 650+ cube stroker kits.
Give me a call if you want to discuss it in more detail.....I have built a few of them already.

Cheers, Chris....... :burnout:

Phone 02 9793 3332
Biggles, The Flying Mechanic

Hak

• P Plater
  • I'm new here
Re: Looking for a ford 460 engine
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 03:17:13 PM »
G'day Hak,
Given up on the Mustang boys.....have you? This is a better community, I am glad that you found us. :thumb:
As for the 460.....you are wasting your time and money looking at second hand engines if you want to build a big bore stroker. The only thing you will be using is the bare block, the rest you will throw away.
In my opinion buy a brand new Ford Racing A460 block, it will be standard bore, no rusty water jackets and stripped  bolt holes to worry about and it comes with massive four bolt maincaps. They are all machined up ready to go with capable of handling 650+ cube stroker kits.
Give me a call if you want to discuss it in more detail.....I have built a few of them already.

Cheers, Chris....... :burnout:

Hi there Chris yeah I like this forum and the club very peaceful great people that can handle a good banter and no one I've met yet is wrapped in cotton wool, no chips on shoulders

As you know the 460 big block is my dream, pushed back already once this year with the Daughter and her horses and now the wife and her craving for exploring and the what to travel were heading to France and England in September. Im told after that I have the green light to start collecting parts. 

Yep Looked at the ford racing block and the Premier block and your right if I bought D0VE or D1VE  block the entire bit and bobs are useless for what I want. $3000 US for remakes ford racing or premier block or $1800 US for a reco Short block basically block crank and rods but your right I cant bring home the 460 D0VE and pull it down and to sent to machining to find out that its cracked some were as its a 40 year old block

its not going to be a fast build, still raising a child and a never ending mortgage. but all the good stuff I've heard about you id be happy of for you to guide me to the right products and put it all together for me if you could  :cheers:

Phone 02 4627 7600

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333