Tech Talk & Articles > AMCCA Members Tech Talk

Corvette Differential

<< < (2/2)

97Vette:
Stuart Essex (69vette) has been good enough to help me out by suggesting a design modification to the LSD clutch retaining clips that fit into the LSD differential housing.
It would appear that the stock LSD cast housing design dose not adequately support the clutch retaining clips causing them to fail, sending metal fragments throughout the diff.
In my case, this failure has occurred twice in 15,000 or so miles.
To my knowledge this differential design is limited to 1980 to '82 model Corvettes.
Stuart has also helped me out by fabricating a pair of these one off, custom clutch retainer clips for me in his engineering business facility.
I'm currently waiting on new side yoke stub axles and shaft from the 'MOTHERLAND'' before I can have the diff reassembled ready for refitting back into the car.
A big thank you to Stuart for his help.
Fingers criossed, looking forward to getting back on the road.
Glen :thank:

97Vette:
I finaly picked up my reassembled diff yesterday.
Worked under the car all day reinstalling it, drive shaft, axles, suspension, new adjustable camber rods. Just have the exhaust to go then wheel align.
We fly out today for a couple of weeks R&R then home for a few days to finish the car ready for Tumut weekend.
Looking forward to catching up.
Glen  :burnout:

97Vette:
We had an extremely enjoyable Easter at Tumut with great friends. These Nationals weekends are legendary.
Huge thanks to Dave and all involved.
Our old Corvette performed flawlessly after much preparation and TLC.
Glen & Janne :cool:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version