Tech Talk & Articles > AMCCA Members Tech Talk

Wilwood Brake Pad Help

<< < (2/3) > >>

70SS:
G'day Wild56, I had a long association with Volvo parts in the past - just spent @ 30mins trawling thru old Volvo brake info & diagrams & cannot find a backing plate match for Volvo pads up to mid '90s. Possibly theyre newer than this??? Hope it helps in some way...

Cheers

bonnevista:
Stan, there's a brake parts supplier in the Liverpool (Sydney) area that I've dealt with in the past, unfortunately I can't remember their name.  However, if you find a brake manufacturer like them, you should be able to take your disc pads to them and they will bond new material to the old backing plates in any type of material you need.

WILD56:
I didn't realise that a service like that existed. I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks

72nova:
Hi Wild 56 there is a brake supplier in Fairfield call Burt Bros Automotive PH 96811188 Address is 116 - 118 Fairfield Road Fairfield Good Luck

sms777:
hi Stan,
I have done an extensive search on google and various sites in the US and as it seems the pads in question are unique to Wilwood specific caliper. They even specify that they are high performance street or track or race use only. They are not even allowed in California. The only company I could find that sells alternative are Hawk Performance. There is a Raybestos interchange number but it is the same compound because "race only". My advice is to try and contact Burt Bros in Fairfield and see if they can remould your pads to the more user friendly compound or get rid of your calipers altogether and use Falcon or Commodore calipers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version