Author Topic: I do Data Recovery.  (Read 4648 times)

WILD56

• P Plater
I do Data Recovery.
« on: October 03, 2018, 09:06:18 AM »
Gday Team,

For anyone that might need a data recovery service, please let me know. I do this as a home business and can provide invoices if required. I am located in Wattle Grove which is around the corner from Brighton Golf Club.

Some of you may already know that I am a former NSW Police Officer trained in computer forensics. I have my own forensic data recovery hardware, software and tools.

I can recover photos, movies, songs, documents, and most other files. This largely depends on how long ago the files were lost and how frequently the device was used after they were lost. The least I could do is take a safe/forensic look on the device and advise you of what steps to take (this is a free service for financial members of the AMCCA).

Providing an upfront cost is not possible as each job is different. I can provide quotes after the initial inspection of the device in question. However, some jobs run between $400 to $1000 per device for corporate data recoveries and can take weeks to do.

For financial members of the AMCCA I am willing to provide this service for no more then $250, though most jobs will be less and could take a couple of hours. Some jobs will take a couple of days to a week though. These prices are not available for non-members unfortunately.

Please let me know.

Cheers
Stan
0414 911 791

Ness70Nova

• Top Fuel Pilot
  • Vanessa Goldstein
Re: I do Data Recovery.
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 02:48:06 PM »
 :thank: so very much Stan - I needed you a couple of years ago when my hard drive died  :banghead:

Regards,
Ness  :thumb:

Skipman

• Speedster
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 12:51:21 PM »
Hi stan I will have a talk to u at the next event I have a small job for u and I prefer to keep my business amongst friends. Thanks

WILD56

• P Plater
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2018, 02:55:06 PM »
Cheers

Zoltan

• Speedster
  • Welcome
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2018, 09:33:04 PM »
You do Mac ?

WILD56

• P Plater
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2018, 08:29:08 AM »
Yes I do macs.

I also do cameras and most phones. I can potentially do all devices. Macs and PCs use the shame data storage architecture.

Some devices would/will be destroyed in the process of data recovery if they are a sealed unit (no screws, sealed bezel). This would be explained prior to commencement of recovery and is entirely up to the person. If the device is no longer working, you are after the data and not the device at the end of the day.

If in doubt just ask.

69DirtyRat

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2018, 12:04:54 PM »
good to know for future reference!  :cheers:
1969 Corvette ZL-1 540ci 755hp
1972 Chevy Suburban 454ci
1959 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Limo 390ci 325hp
www.ratpackmuscle.com

silverz

• Speedster
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2018, 05:59:32 PM »
Hi Stan,
Bob here, Susan and I were talking to you at the Towradgi show. As you may be aware we own a stable of AirBnB apartments at Hyde Park Plaza in the CBD. Could you give us some advice on lift FOBs? We have 2 FOBs per apartment but need 3 for cleaners and maintenance access. We can sign out a concierge tradie FOB, but this is a nuisance with over 25 AirBnB guests monthly.
Extra FOBs are $120 each but strata management won’t allow more than 2 FOBs per studio apartment (which most of our are). Cloners in the city charge around $45 per clone but they said our originals may also be copies as the integral digital data was too poor to copy. Any advice or redirection?
Cheers, Bob and Susan
www.tropicanapress.com.au

WILD56

• P Plater
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2018, 09:39:23 AM »
Sorry Bob, I don't know anything about lift FOBs. I recover data from computers and personal devices, such as cameras and phones.

However, as a former forensic computer analyst I would suggest that you do not have your FOBs cloned as it poses a significant security risk for your apartments and indeed the entire apartment building. There is a reason only two FOBs are allowed per building. Once you allow someone to make a copy of that FOB, that information can be in anyone's hands around the world within minutes. I can easily buy that information for less then it costs you to have it cloned. I can then do what I like with your entire apartment building. Considering that it is also situated in the heart of the city and in the current global "climate" I would also suggest that it could potentially pose a security risk to members of the general public.

This might sound far fetched and probably not what you were looking for when you asked for my advice. But consider this...How do you think unscrupulous people enter secure facilities when they are not on security register?

silverz

• Speedster
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2018, 03:11:37 PM »
Thanks Stan, sounds scary! We’ll take your advice and avoid cloning our FOBs. We have come to a compromise with building management who have now agreed to issue us with a single FOB coded for all levels. The proviso is that it is coded for service lift only to prevent our contract cleaners abusing the guest lifts. Thanks again for the great feedback mate.
Cheers, Bob and Susan
 :logic: :bow:

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333