Author Topic: Members  (Read 3053 times)

DTA308

• P Plater
  • I'm new here
Members
« on: December 19, 2019, 07:18:18 PM »
I just want to say that I am am one of the few members that have not attended many events this year. It is daunting to for some members including me, to go to events if they do not know the other members that are attending.

Of late over the past couple of months I have attended meeting and club events, my wife who is NOT a car enthusiast has come along. We both will continue to attend meetings and events, our reasons; The committee and the the club members in this club make you feel so welcomed, they are wonderful. It is not easy for me to praise people, although these people in this club deserve praise.

I encourage those members whom have not attended meetings or events, please do so as you will feel very welcomed. Please don’t be shy!

For my wife to attend, the committee are doing something right.

Thank you and have a Merry Christmas

David

WILD56

• P Plater
Re: Members
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2019, 08:06:46 PM »
David,

Thank you very much for those kind words.

It is wonderful to hear that you and your wife feel welcomed by the members and attend the meetings and events as a result. That is fantastic to hear.

I have not been with the club long myself, but have said since I joined that it feels more like a social club first and a car club second in many ways.

I too feel welcomed and at ease at the club. 

I concur that some members may feel somewhat awkward or strange associating or mingling with people they do not know. It is the cars and long term associations between members that will inevitably keep us coming back over and over again.

I appreciate you calling on other members to do as you have done yourself and attend meeting and events if they are able.

I have made numerous friends in the club already and look forward to making many more.

I'm always keen for a chat. If you or your wife ever see me or my wife Gabriella at an event, come over and say g'day. I drive the big red truck. You can't miss me.

Cheers
Stan

68riviera

• Speedster
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2019, 06:08:49 AM »
Hi David,

This is exactly the type of feedback we as a car club need to here.
There are a lot of women members in this club and also wives of the male members
and its great to see that everyone gets along and enjoys themselves.

I have been a member of many clubs in the past and this club is the only one that makes the women very welcome.

Merry xmas and Happy New Year to all.

Regards Felix

Ness70Nova

• Top Fuel Pilot
  • Vanessa Goldstein
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2019, 10:39:20 PM »
Hi David  :hi:

So lovely to hear your positive comments  :exactly:

My husband and I have been members for many years now and have made solid friends during that time; in fact, they are family.

We genuinely all care for each other and make the effort to get to know one another.

I look forward to seeing you and your wife and our next event; unfortunately I cannot always make it to the committee meetings as I work evenings  :cry:

My hubby has a black 69 SS Camaro (Mark) and I have a white Nova (which I sadly need to sell).

Have a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year  :cheers: :hatjump:

Skipman

• Speedster
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2019, 05:05:05 PM »
Nice feed back about our club I would like to add that my kids have always been made welcome and that can be a rare thing in clubs. We have the best members that’s what makes it enjoyable.

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333