Author Topic: Structural Engineer  (Read 3197 times)

silverz

• Speedster
Structural Engineer
« on: December 27, 2019, 09:32:02 AM »
Do we have a structural engineer in the club or can anyone recommend one? As you may know we own a portfolio of AirBnB apartments at Hyde Park Plaza. Corrosion was found on a few balcony rail fittings prompting management to lock off all balcony doors until each is inspected by a structural engineer. The rails are aluminium, with steel fittings into masonry. We only need 2 inspected initially but it could lead to another 12. if the price is right we could recommend to another 100 plus owners in the building.
Cheers, Bob and Susan.
www.tropicanapress.com.au

Ness70Nova

• Top Fuel Pilot
  • Vanessa Goldstein
Re: Structural Engineer
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2019, 12:21:55 PM »
Hi Bob & Susan  :hi:

I have sent an email to Mark's cousin who's father could be of help to you.  He is retired, however, may be interested or can lead you in the right direction.

I'll be in touch either way.

Ness  :thumb:

silverz

• Speedster
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2019, 06:18:25 PM »
Thanks for your help Vanessa. :bow:

sms777

• Rally Licence
  • Sponsor & The Mechanic
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2019, 11:01:05 PM »
Hi Bob, I talk to my daughther when she gets back from overseas, she is one of the design team for Meriton building hi rise apartments and bridges. I am sure she will have a bit of an idea how to tackle the problem. She is a civil engineer finished her studies with top marks at UTS.
Cheers.

Phone 02 9793 3332
Biggles, The Flying Mechanic

silverz

• Speedster
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2019, 08:07:43 AM »
That would be great thanks Chris. Vanessa has already forwarded a good contact but I may need a few as some large companies may think 2 balcony rails too trivial to bother inspecting. I hope to include a friend who owns 35 in the same building. Your daughters Meriton background may help as I think it was built by Meriton then upgraded by Mirvac later. Tell her they are aluminium rails 60cm high, steel mounts into masonry. There is a 60cm masonry half wall below. I can send photos if that helps.
Cheers Bob.

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333