Author Topic: CORONAVIRUS FIGHTBACK  (Read 3403 times)

silverz

• Speedster
CORONAVIRUS FIGHTBACK
« on: March 29, 2020, 09:30:31 AM »
Just starting this new thread for tips on surviving the CV crisis. Firstly, best wishes to Glen & Jan with her ongoing chemotherapy & also to Dennis with his chemo treatment. Our thoughts & prayers are with you with this double whammy of suffering serious medical treatment all complicated by this insidious virus.
For those in the Macarthur region they are now manufacturing hand sanitizer at Smeatons Grange. Local chemists allow 1 per shopper plus 1 free face mask each. We got ours At Harrington Park but I suggest phoning your chemist first. Prior to this we made our own; around 3 parts methylated spirit (at least 65% alcohol), 1 part Aloe Vera, a few drops of tea tree oil or lemon juice. Not a nice smell but works fine. A lot of people are on to this now so Bunnings have sold out of metho.
Our thoughts also to those that have lost jobs and are in financial hardship.
Stay safe all, cheers from Bob & Susan. 

70SS

• Rally Licence
Re: CORONAVIRUS FIGHTBACK
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 02:27:24 PM »
 :what: Well said, and our thoughts to anyone doing it tough at the moment. If you are, please reach out & connect with someone........

I am on another forum where someone started a thread that people post what they have done today or this week - happy stories including but not limited to car stuff - to keep the group connected & enthusiastic. We all need a little optimism and distraction from the doom & gloom of the current state of affairs... maybe Susan & Bob just started it....

My contribution is that I washed the car yesterday & then drove it around the block - it didn't need a wash, but it was something that lifted my spirits... and the few kids I saw along the way... kids smiles are the best!

And if any of you are wondering why there are teddy bears in windows at the moment (bet some of you haven't noticed), it's a thing to give little kids something to count if they're out & about to take their minds off world events. There, you'll no doubt sleep better now...  :bump:

Skipman

• Speedster
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 08:10:27 PM »
Hi to all just a little add onto Bob and Susan’s hand wash add 2 teaspoons of glycerin to the mix it stops your hands from drying out handy home hint.
So ever the optimist here are some good points to the present situation 1 there are heaps less cars on the road so it is much more pleasurable to drive all day like I do. 2 don’t have to line up as long for my coffee in the morning. 3 Isolation has meant I have knocked some jobs off the toilet roll long list. Keep adding friends it is a great distraction
To Glen and Jan stay safe and positive, 007 keep well my friend it’s been a while since we have had a man hug and I think we will be well overdue by the time we are out of isolation.

silverz

• Speedster
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2020, 12:12:23 PM »
Good reasons to be an optimist, but though the figures show we are winning; still no reason to be complacent. By now most would be aware there was an infected worker at Maccas Gregory Hills. We were also talking to our neighbour, an Aldi manager. He said transport & keeping shelves stocked is their biggest issue. They’ve done a deal with Fantastic Furniture to rent their unused trucks. Also offered all stood down Qantas staff warehouse work & shelf stacking. There are some great strategies and solutions by the government, companies and individuals.
 :bow: :bow: :bow:

Zoltan

• Speedster
  • Welcome
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2020, 09:48:44 PM »
double bonus: now might be a perfect time to stay at home and work on your cars!

Soap & Water is better than hand sanitiser... keep the alcohol for the drag cars and drinks nights!

:-0

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333