Club News > AMCCA Members Chat Room

RHD conversions. Old style...

<< < (2/2)

Steve:

--- Quote from: bonnevista on May 08, 2020, 10:04:57 AM ---There's actually a lot of cars done like that.  It's pretty common...

--- End quote ---
And done correctly a chain conversion is a great conversion as it runs all GM equipment,its not cobbled together with bits off of a cresida or ford or a WB Holden and you can buy things like extractors that actually fit as they were designed ..Still cannot beat a left hand drive car left as left hand drive though

bonnevista:

--- Quote from: Steve on May 08, 2020, 04:43:58 PM ---And done correctly a chain conversion is a great conversion as it runs all GM equipment,its not cobbled together with bits off of a cresida or ford or a WB Holden and you can buy things like extractors that actually fit as they were designed ..Still cannot beat a left hand drive car left as left hand drive though

--- End quote ---

Before I bought my barge, I looked at another Grand Ville in South Australia that was RHD.  It had been converted using a properly engineered enclosed chain drive.  It drove very well.  On the flip side, back in the early '80s, I saw a factory Hemi/4 speed Dodge Charger that was converted with an open bicycle chain and bicycle sprockets under the dash.  Along with the bodgy steering, it had the obligatory bodgy wiring that goes with a rhd conversion.  Any of the loose wiring could have been mangled by the chain and sprockets...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version