Author Topic: New Here....Advice Needed PLS  (Read 8936 times)

brendanchambers

• L Plater
  • I'm new here
New Here....Advice Needed PLS
« on: July 28, 2020, 04:44:24 PM »
Hey Everyone.

i'm new here....this week i put my a whole heap of my hard earned down on a 69 RoadRunner 383...

I'm importing from the USA and it's going to be here by the end of the year, hopefully.

my question is about Club Rego, i will need to be part of a historic car club, i'm not big on going to every event, i guess i want to be a pretty casual member as i live a srsly busy life......any suggestions which club to join?

i live in newcastle, so either a club in the hunter valley, central coast or sydney would be best....unless there's a national club that is pretty common.

LMK

Thanks.

splitpin

• Speedster
Re: New Here....Advice Needed PLS
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2020, 11:53:26 PM »
Hi Brendan,
AMCCA is predominantly sydney and wollongong based. Plus we have a requirement to attend a number of runs/meetings so may not suit what you are looking for.

There is a list of recognised clubs provided by the RMS.
https://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/documents/roads/registration/get-nsw-registration/vehicle-sheets/historic-vehicle-clubs.pdf

There are 13 clubs around Newcastle and a couple of them look like they may suit your needs.  One for example....

Newcastle Boys And Their Toys Car Club Incorporated 114 Violet Town Road BELMONT NORTH NSW 2280 Kim Broadbent 0418 975 971 ckbroadbent@bigpond.com

brendanchambers

• L Plater
  • I'm new here
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2020, 10:43:13 AM »
Thanks.
i'd like to do events however, i just know that the wife wouldnt want to, and we lead a rather busy life....

i will try the one you've suggested.

cassanth

• P Plater
  • I'm new here
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2020, 04:08:26 PM »
You could also try the hunter valley Chrysler club with your sweet Mopar. I own a 68 RR. They are the club that puts on the Chrysler wake run at canton beach each August.
There will be 2 dates on your tombstone, and all your friends will read em. But the only thing that matters is that little dash between em.

brendanchambers

• L Plater
  • I'm new here
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2020, 08:13:02 AM »
ok, thanks man.
will check them out.

just waiting on my RR to leave the USA, get the VIA....argh the waiting.

Steve

• Speedster
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2020, 02:31:12 PM »
I would suggest that you contact these guys
https://ansma.com.au/membership/
Very easy to get along with and club reg is not a great problem
I was with AMCCA until I moved to Melbourne a few years ago,I moved back to NSW and ended up at Raymond Terrace and a friend of mine suggested ANSMA
They are really easy to get along with and also have a hassle free club rego system that I had both of my vehicles on ...both since sold now,replaced with an SLK Mercedes

brendanchambers

• L Plater
  • I'm new here
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2020, 04:13:33 PM »
thanks Steve

appreciate it...will check them out.

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333