Author Topic: Seeking a mechanic who I can trust and has a care factor...  (Read 3308 times)

Zoltan

• Speedster
  • Welcome
Seeking a mechanic who I can trust and has a care factor...
« on: December 12, 2021, 05:43:55 PM »
Oh Chris, why did you have to leave Sydney???

I'm quickly losing faith in my mechanic and it is beginning to feel like he just does not care.

So, I'm looking for someone else, preferably South West Sydney, but I'm happy to travel, for the right person.

I need someone who actually gives a sh!t about what they do, don't charge like a wounded bull and actually resolves issues.

Here is the most recent scenario:

About a year ago, I had a vintage air HVAC box installed.
The Air con worked for about 1 month, then it stopped working.
I got dye put through it and took it to my local mechanic...
he said the condenser was leaking and showed me were it was leaking. Fair enough.
I got a new one via as part of a kit via ebay (ok, this could be an issue, but bear with me)

I installed a new condenser, dryer, orifice tube, o-rings etc...

Worked for a month...
My local mechanic said some of the o-rings (that came with the kit)
He replaced these. I paid for this.

Worked for a month...
My local mechanic said some other o-rings leaked
He replaced these. I paid for this.

Worked for a month...
My local mechanic said the hose from the condenser to compressor was leaking
I purchased a new one, got him to replace this at great cost...

Worked for a month...
Now he claims the new condenser is leaking. He showed me were it was leaking, but by that stage, I'm just seeing RED - if you know what I mean...

I asked him, if I get a new condenser, how much would it cost to install, he said $600... now, I know how easy it is to install, so I'm thinking that's his way of telling me to p#ss off...

Nice. I questioned the cost involved and he said he'd call me back. I did not get a call back. So, I'll ring him again, but honestly, I think it's not even worth wasting my time on.

So, I need an air con guru to ensure that the system is ok and what it will take to stop the leaks.
I also have some other mechanical bits that need to be looked at.

Note: About a year ago, I did speak to Autofrost, they were busy with "contractural obligations", so they are a lost cause as well.

Chris: Looking for a holiday is Sydney?

EVERYONE: Recommendations on mechanics ??

sms777

• Rally Licence
  • Sponsor & The Mechanic
Re: Seeking a mechanic who I can trust and has a care factor...
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2021, 05:26:53 PM »
Hi Peter,
I feel your pain but I am sorry, I have no intensions of coming back to Sydney for a very long time. I am almost fully climatised and enjoy living in paradise too much. I can help you with your aircon issue but to find you another mechanic like myself you are out of luck. Sydney just got too hectic for me and I am too old for putting up with all the crap living in a big city.
Back to your aircon.....call Steve at Blue Ice Auto Airconditioning on 0418 763 002. He is mobile and quranteed to fix your problem once and for all. He has done a lot of custom work for me back in Bankstown. Good luck.
Cheers, Chris.

Phone 02 9793 3332
Biggles, The Flying Mechanic

Zoltan

• Speedster
  • Welcome
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2021, 07:49:47 PM »
Thanks Chris.
Who knows, one day I may come up and visit :-D

Zoltan

• Speedster
  • Welcome
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2022, 01:26:22 PM »
Back to your aircon.....call Steve at Blue Ice Auto Airconditioning on 0418 763 002. He is mobile and quranteed to fix your problem once and for all. He has done a lot of custom work for me back in Bankstown. Good luck.
Cheers, Chris.

Nope, he won't work on it. Even before I got to tell him much about the history, he said, "no". Reason: "I don't have the patience"  - so no luck there I'm afraid. I hope that my local mechanic can sort this out once and for all...

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333