Author Topic: Vale, John Mafrici  (Read 2855 times)

silverz

• Speedster
Vale, John Mafrici
« on: February 02, 2022, 01:23:11 PM »
I regret to advise the passing this morning of John Mafrici, a co-founder of our club (along with Garry McLaughlin). Many will remember his bright red Corvette emblazoned with the streaming stars and stripes. John was my boss at Virgin Airlines for almost 10 years and the most knowledgeable Boeing engineer i have ever encountered. I will try and attach the notice from the Aircraft Engineers association.
Regards, Bob Shaw. :bow: :bow:

VALE JOHN MAFRICI
Dear Members,
The ALAEA is sad to report the passing of Associate member John Mafrici. He died this morning after a battle with COVID at the age of 71.
John was a TAA-Australian Airlines LAME and member of the ALAEA Federal Executive. He left our fold after a promotion to management, becoming the long term Qantas Sydney Domestic Terminal boss. He moved back to the tools and ALAEA membership in the early years of Virgin as a Senior LAME.  He also returned as an ALAEA Virgin Delegate.  I recall John being a no fuss, old school Qantas manager.  As a Delegate he frustrated me to no end.  He was stubborn, principled and held more knowledge than the rest of the Virgin Reps combined.  That knowledge was invaluable to us attaining the first Virgin Enterprise Agreement in 2010.
John was a true leader and always fun to have around.  He will be sadly missed by the ALAEA.  Our condolences are extended to Yvonne and the rest of the Mafrici family.

Steve Purvinas

ALAEA
Federal Secretary

her69

• Committee
  • Rally Licence
  • Club President
Re: Vale, John Mafrici
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2022, 03:57:30 PM »
Thank you Bob for passing on that sad news.

John & Garry started AMCCA back in 2006 and he was very well known. RIP John

Cheers Maureen

97Vette

• Speedster
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2022, 02:04:57 PM »
Sorry to hear of John’s passing. I did get to chat with him in our early years of membership.
Bloody COVID!!……

MuscleVette

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2022, 05:38:57 PM »
Very sad news regarding Johns death
 His funeral will be held on Monday 14th at Forest Lawn cemetery south chapel at 2.30 pm.
 Regards Garry 
Past And Present Cars

splitpin

• Speedster
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2022, 08:19:59 PM »
Flower arrangement ordered by the club on behalf of all AMCCA Members, with our condolences.

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333