Author Topic: Car Guy From Indiana  (Read 11586 times)

421HO

Car Guy From Indiana
« on: October 03, 2008, 05:22:47 AM »
Hi all, first I just want to give a little information on me as this is my first post on your forum. I am a collector car hobbyist and have been involved in the hobby since 1994 when I purchased a 1966 Pontiac 2+2 convertible. Two years ago I started looking for another rare Pontiac, the 1977 Pontiac Lemans Can Am and ran across one in Illinois. I only looked at this one and ended up buying it. The 2+2 was a car that needed to be restored to bring it to the condition it is now. It took me about 5 years and was a serious learning experience. One thing I learned is not to take stuff apart and put the parts in Pringles potato chip cans. That will cause a serious headache down the road when you start to put stuff back together again, and you have screws left over and no clue as to where they go. The Can Am is one of those survivor cars, original paint, decals, only 55K miles, original interior, etc. The only mods were saved for the drivetrain.  Ram Air III cam, heads, 3.90 rear, performance shift kit, some chrome work under the hood, headers, dual exhaust system, and a functional shaker scoop. The original owner saved all the original parts so the car can be brought back to factory specs. I am very active when it comes to car shows and cruises and I enjoy showing and going to cruises with my cars. Hard part is deciding which car is going to go.

edited

I realize that you guys are about 22 hrs away, but you guys are some of the staunchest muscle car people around.

edited 03/10/08
you have U2U relating to advertising contact details.
Thanks
Administration

joe74ta

• Top Fuel Pilot
Car Guy From Indiana
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 10:44:49 AM »
welcome to the forum love some pics of the Can am there a very cool car & not real easy to find round here.;12
JOE

68PONY

Car Guy From Indiana
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 03:20:35 PM »
welcome 421HO you might be 22 hours away by plane but only seconds away on the forum
and yes we love american muscle
cheers chris

jpony

• Top Fuel Pilot
Car Guy From Indiana
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 04:32:11 PM »
Hey welcome aboard 421HO alway good to hear from american muscle car people
Enjoy The Ride.    John Pony

2007 GT Tungsten Grey Premium Mustang Coupe. Auto.
IUP, Charcoal Aluminium Interior, Comfort Group, GT Apperance Package, Polished Exhaust Tips, 17" Polished Bullits, Hood Scoop, Shaker 1000, Shorty Antenna, Silver Racing Stripes, C & l  CAI Predator Tune.

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
Car Guy From Indiana
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 05:39:24 PM »
Keep the Pontiac faith, brother!

ozpont

• Rally Licence
    • www.usgmsp.com
Car Guy From Indiana
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 08:09:02 AM »
HI 421HO
   your got a Cam Am. wow.. good on you.. i'd be eyeing those off for years as soon as I understood there relevancy and place in Muscle Car History..  
   A friend of mine Jim Wangers.. the often refered to "Godfather" of the GTO.. who has infact visited Australia a number of times to do with muscle cars events (and may again...)   talks about the Cam Am as if it was his child still.. which it infact was..
   Jim .. again.. 25 years later..was the undelying mover that  recognised the Holden Monaro (G8)  that brought about the Pontiac GTO ex Holden.. into the US media attention and ultimately GM woke up a bit and brought some over.. (stuffed the marketingbut thats another story)
     If you ever get a chance.. find the book "Glory Days".. written by Wangers .. it has a chapter pretty much devoted to the Cam Am.. and SO MUCH other Pontiac/GM stuff .. its a MUST READ.
   Take care eh and enjoy that CA.. they have rocketed in value over the last few year beyond what most can pay now.

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333