Author Topic: Update on Sunday\'s run to King George 1V pub  (Read 4477 times)

MuscleVette

• Top Fuel Pilot
Update on Sunday\'s run to King George 1V pub
« on: March 13, 2007, 03:46:15 PM »
Sunday

18th

Club run for the month is to King George the V1 pub at Picton meet at the Caltex servo at the start of the Hume Hwy just down from the Cross Roads it used to be called Uncle Leo's servo meet at 10.15am leaving at 10.30am need more info please call me 0403026867.

King George IV Inn,
180 Argyle Street
Picton
The George IV Inn, one of the oldest hotels in the country, which has its own brewery.A great pub to visit would be the George IV down in Picton, some 80kms south west of Sydney.
It's been open since 1839 and is still pretty much the same building it was back then, complete with stables (now rentable rooms), grapevine covered courtyard and restaurant.
But the main selling point is that The George has been brewing its own beer since 1987, the oldest pub in the country to do so. All three beers (Burragorang Bock, Sharers Lager and D-Lite) are brewed in the large copper kettle visible right next to the bar.
  See Ya Garry  ;)  :)
Past And Present Cars

LeighP

• Rally Licence
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 10:47:17 PM »
I'm working later in the PM, but since its local I'll come along for lunch....see you there.
Regards,
Leigh
1969 Pontiac Firebird 400

MuscleVette

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 06:51:20 PM »
What an enjoyable day out at Picton great mix of cars again & the guys meet a group from a falcon club who tagged along with us. Let the pictures do the talking.

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

Hope you enjoy the photos with our new camera so don't forget if you want a camera FUJI is the way to go
See Ya next time.
  Garry ;)  :)
Past And Present Cars

1MSTNG

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 11:41:53 AM »
Hi Garry
Just wanted to say thanks for organising the run to the Picton Pub on Sunday. My wife and I had a ball, loved the pub, met some great people who we had something in common, we love using our cars for what they were built for, driving.
I sent off my Application Form today to join the AMCCA and look forward to the next club outing.
;F
Laurie, (1MSTNG)

YellowLightning

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 01:49:12 PM »
great to see u had a good time

MuscleVette

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 05:22:28 PM »
Hi Laurie & Jackie
  It was a pleasure having you come along & ;J  for becoming a member of our club I am sure you will enjoy the drives & events we have planned for this club looking forward to seeing you both soon.
 See Ya Garry. ;)  :)
Past And Present Cars

T-Rex

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2007, 08:17:54 PM »
This was a great day out, good location, good food and even better company.       ;J

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333