Author Topic: Weekend away at Blaney  (Read 3401 times)

MuscleVette

• Top Fuel Pilot
Weekend away at Blaney
« on: July 10, 2009, 07:49:43 AM »
;18 I received this email & I am just asking the question is anyone interested in going to this weekend event.

Billy cart races used to be held in Blayney some 50 years ago and were commenced again in 2008. The purpose of holding the event is to support and donate to the children of the Blayney Shire.

With the proceeds of the 2008 event the committee was able to donate $4,000 toward the purchase of a train engine and carriage for the Adventure Playground at Blayney Shire Council’s Heritage Park . A picture of the train is on the flyer.

[align=center]

[/align]

Following the 2009 event the committee donated approximately $10,000 to junior sporting groups in the Blayney Shire. As Blayney is a small community of approximately 3,500 people we are all very proud of the amount of our donation.

We are hoping to exceed this level of contribution in 2010 by attracting more visitors and spectators to the event.

I would like to invite the members of your club to Blayney on Sunday 14 February to participate in a static display of your cars. I am sure the children (both young and old) would be delighted.

As it is a big day with a large number of entrants (103 in 2009) we have to start racing early, and therefore require the setup to be complete by 8.00am.

I understand this is early for anyone travelling from outside the area, so with race day being Valentines Day, excellent accommodation in Blayney and some great vineyards in the surrounding areas, you may like to see what we have on offer, and make a weekend of it.

Your members may also wish to participate and enter a billycart on the day. It is a lot of fun, and VERY competitive between the adults. Next year our major sponsor will also donate $1,000 to the winner of the ‘Open’ race category.

If you would like more information the BBB website is http://blayneybillycartbash.com and will be updated for 2010 shortly. To view the video of the 2009 Bash please go to

;v Garry ;M:cool:

Past And Present Cars

cpu

Weekend away at Blaney
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 11:59:01 AM »
Added flyer and fixed video link

Now that looks like a lot of fun.  The hell with the kids, I want a go.

You guys need to take up some carts, Ford, Chev, [strike]Fiat[/strike] Chrysler, etc and have a shoot out ;16

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
Weekend away at Blaney
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 04:46:26 PM »
Sounds like fun, but the time of year is wrong.  It should be in the middle of winter to take advantage of Blayney's mild climate.;17

GTA390

Weekend away at Blaney
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 11:09:41 PM »
Sounds good, only 20 min from Bathurst, maybe take a trip round the mountain.
I reackon we can knock up some billycarts;F

But as usuall, i cant commit to tomorrow at the moment let alone 6 months away.
David.

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333