Author Topic: ADR SEATBELTS TO SUIT 71 CUTLASS & NOVA  (Read 3959 times)

1belair1954

ADR SEATBELTS TO SUIT 71 CUTLASS & NOVA
« on: September 02, 2009, 07:12:36 PM »
hi ive got a 71olds cutlass and my mate has a 72 nova anybody know where or who i can purchase the seatbelts from? both cars and probaly most gm cars have the same system seperate retracting lap belt and a seperate sash with 2 buckles. this system does not comply with licensing rules adr4. need to install lap sash on all corners front and rear. tried klippan werent much help, anybody know any australian coupes (hq coupe maybe)that are similiar and could be retrofitted.any members can let me know what they used would be helpful
please help ?

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 09:07:17 PM »
You 'need' to install or 'want' to install.  I don't know what state your in, but I registered a LHD 1972 Pontiac in NSW with the American GM belts. They were lap only, as the car is a convertible.  I had no problem.  I fitted lap/sash belts (non retractable) later on as I use the car as daily transport.
I can't tell you any more than that.

sell4u

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 02:18:22 PM »
Try this guy

Automotive Restraint Fitters Australia
77 Hansens Road MINTO HEIGHTS NSW 2566
02 96033902

Got full range or will custom make belts that are ADR comply

That is were I sourced my belts a few months ago. Note, if your in Sydney he works from a shed @ home. If your not in Sydney they post Australia wide

Good luck

1belair1954

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 05:48:38 PM »
thanks for that im in wa will give them a go you have to fit lap sash belts front and back to get car licensed this i believe is for all states because car was built after 1969 before this year i think lap belts are ok. its an expensive pain in the a... ive also got to get an engineers report mainly to check that the seatbelts comply. actually the engineer is not a bad thing as he has already suggested a few things that might help he reckons alot of american cars actually have an anchor point in the back pillar under the trim can anyone verify this on a gm vehicle? before i start ripping into it.

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 10:23:22 AM »
Originally posted by 1belair1954
thanks for that im in wa will give them a go you have to fit lap sash belts front and back to get car licensed this i believe is for all states because car was built after 1969 before this year i think lap belts are ok. its an expensive pain in the a... ive also got to get an engineers report mainly to check that the seatbelts comply. actually the engineer is not a bad thing as he has already suggested a few things that might help he reckons alot of american cars actually have an anchor point in the back pillar under the trim can anyone verify this on a gm vehicle? before i start ripping into it.  

Well, like I said, I got my 1972 car registered with American lap belts.  I would think before 1969, you could get the car registered without any seat belts at all.
I would go and take a look at the registration rules myself.  Just because some pinhead at the registry office says something doesn't mean it's right.

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333