Author Topic: Share your car story!  (Read 2426 times)

79stingray

Share your car story!
« on: October 10, 2009, 03:51:13 PM »
Well,this is when I got started with C3 Corvettes,anyway. This is fairly 'recent' history.The journey was somewhat painful in spots. ---I picked up my 1st Vette from an oil refinery co-worker for $7000! Got to enjoy it for about a year.After an approx. 45 MPH head-on collision destroyed the pristine,well-optioned,Code #56 bright yellow, 1977 L48 Corvette, & almost killed me by almost breaking my neck when my head hit the 'A'-pillar,I could not work for a year after, so I spent my time looking for a replacement C3. I'd only had one a short time, so I guess I hadn’t gotten Corvettes out of my system yet. After weeks of looking online through online sales sites & forums,& looking in local newspapers,etc. I found some, but nothing really caught my eye in my price range,or was quite a project. One day,while refilling a prescription at the local pharmacy, I talked to the girl behind the counter I usually dealt with. This day she asked, “Are you still looking for a Corvette to replace your other one?" I said I was, & she said her father had decided to get rid of one of his! Well, turns out he had several,among his other classics in his huge garage, & I got my 'dark red' L82 1979 Corvette for a decent price. He had an '82 also,but the '79 caught my eye.I have done quite a few modifications since then, to include a complete front/rear Vette Brakes & Products Performance Plus monospring kit, & other suspension components, Bowtie Overdrives TH700R Level 2 transmission swap,& 2-tone leather interior just to name a few. I think the 17" American Racing Torque thrust 2's look good, too.

Thanks,J.M. :flag:    next!      A trophy won not too long before my accident,& the 77's trip to C3rvette Heaven...  ;)

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333