Author Topic: Answering the eternal question - will an airbag go off in a frozen pond?  (Read 1979 times)

cpu

One has to ask why would you, but then, why not........:smile:

Our friend Farmer Dave does some crazy stuff with airbags.  Dave likes to blow up Air Bags In Refrigerators, and the devastation is pretty impressive (I cant link it as the language is not acceptable but if you want to watch it, U2U me and I'll send you the link.  The fridge really goes KA-BOOM!). Either Dave got bored with blowing up safety devices in kitchen appliances or he was interested in a fresh challenge, because the good farmer's latest video takes place on a very frozen pond with a passenger side Saturn airbag.

The Video is 3:23 minutes of pure safety dummy pyrotechnic bliss. Farmer Dave puts an airbag in a plastic bag, wires it up to a car battery and places it in the water where he cut out a chunk of the ice with a chainsaw. Since we're showing you this video, you can probably guess that the airbag went off, but the damage to three inches of ice is pretty impressive. As a bonus, Dave stuck a second air bag in the water for a week in order to let the ice freeze over it. The carnage is far less impressive but still worth a look. Watch both videos and please try to remember that blowing up airbags is dangerous business better left to the Farmer Daves of the world.

[align=center]
[youtube]Ihk5zV8WCaY[/youtube]

[youtube]0OTD0XSU5Ow[/youtube]
"Ohhh that sucks":rol: :rol: :rol:

Have you ever heard such disappointment in a persons voice :lol:

[/align]

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333