Author Topic: 2010 World Car of the Year finalists announced...  (Read 2439 times)

cpu

2010 World Car of the Year finalists announced...
« on: February 05, 2010, 11:51:22 AM »
We couldn't blame you for thinking that all of the 'Of the Year" awards were finished for the 2010, but there's still at least a few key bits of shiny hardware that have yet to be handed out – the World Car of the Year and World Performance Car of the Year. And while we're not yet sure who will take home the big prizes, we do have a short(er)list of nominees for both accolades.

The field has been whittled down by 59 jurors to 10 possible winners in each category, and the top three finalists will be announced next month at the Geneva Motor Show ahead of the actual award ceremony at April's New York Auto Show. The nominees are...

2010 World Car of the Year

Audi Q5
BMW X1
Chevrolet Cruze
Kia Soul
Mazda3
Mercedes-Benz E-Class
Opel/Vauxhall Insignia / Buick Regal
Porsche Panamera
Toyota Prius
Volkswagen Polo

Oh .................. no FORDS on the list.  :smile: :smile: :smile: :shades:

Since neither Ford nor Chev are on the preformance list we are not going to bother posting it, no point really. :lol:

GTA390

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 12:19:58 PM »
I wouldn't buy a car that was on the list.
Lets see Australian Car of the year in years gone past, these sh#tboxes spring to mind.
Holden Camira, Mitsubishi Sigma, Mitsubishi Magna (early model).
Cmon add to the list boys.
I was going to put Leyland P76, but it was a good car just copped a hiding from the press, lets face facts Holden and Ford just got Valiant/Chrysler out of the way The Kingswood and Falcon didn't need competition again.
Would have been interesting to see how the (P38) as it was affectionately called, would have developed over a few years of upgrades.

Bumblebee

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 01:14:04 PM »
Now Dave,

Credit where credit's due, I'm sure Daewoo are thrilled to provide parentage of the best (but not only) GM product on the list whilst Ford's annual US sales grew 24% compared with GM at 14%. (BTW Toyota had almost a 16% drop!)

Posted by CPU

Oh .................. no FORDS on the list.    

Sorry CPU, I think Ford won't be too upset with the results on the showroom floor:gotya:

68PONY

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 07:25:12 PM »
Yeh you tell em bee , sales talk and the rest is :spaghetti:

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333