Author Topic: A Big Thanks  (Read 19460 times)

sms777

• Rally Licence
  • Sponsor & The Mechanic
A Big Thanks
« on: February 14, 2010, 07:34:24 PM »
Ladies and Gentleman
I have only been a member of this great club for a few months and given the title of the forum mechanic which i am greatly honoured. I have met some fantastic people, made lots of new friends and earned the trust of many by fixing problems no one could. My workshop is now filled with quality cars and no one seem to have the slightest mistrust in me. That makes me very proud that i have not only achieved your trust but i know that i still got the enthusiasm and energy to serve you as long as i can.  American muscle cars have been my passion and hobby for over 30 years and who ever else own one is my friend and i am ready to share my vast knowledge on how to keep them on the road. For most of you that do not know, i have been building and modifying V8 engines for the street and strip for over 25 years and learnt every trick in the trade. I can build your everyday cruiser that will get the best economy or i can build the wildest street car that you ever dreamed of and still drive it to the club meet whenever you want to. I have been in my current business called Sinclair Mechanical Services for the last 10 years but to uplift my image i have decided to change business name to SMS Performance to further highlight the type of work we do. The recent incraese in the number of US muscle cars in my workshop prompted me to do this so i can uplift my image not only in the club but to give me further boost to serve you better. I am not interested in making money out of club members, i have lots of account customers to cover that. I am here to be an assistance if you have a problem and and want your assistance if i have a problem. As the age old saying goes"you scratch my back i scratch yours" and i will stand by that!. Of course if you want to to use my workshop or my services i will have to charge you but it is at a very fair rate and i can assure you that you will be satisfied as can be testified by many of recent club member visits. I am a very honest person and ready to talk to anyone with the same interest that i have.
Once again i am very greatful for your trust and looking forward to serve you with my full enthusiasm.
You can call me at my work on 02 9771 4144 or 0419 757 757 after hours

Cheers, Chris... The Mechanic

Phone 02 9793 3332
Biggles, The Flying Mechanic

MuscleVette

• Top Fuel Pilot
A Big Thanks
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 08:44:57 PM »
Hi Chris
   It is good to have you in our club you are a very welcomed member.
  :seeya: Garry:spaghetti::drink:
Past And Present Cars

sms777

• Rally Licence
  • Sponsor & The Mechanic
A Big Thanks
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 09:04:04 PM »
Thanks Gary,
Like i said, i am proud to be a member and i am here to help you all.

Cheers, Chris.

Phone 02 9793 3332

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
A Big Thanks
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 09:08:26 PM »
Chris, I mean this sincerely.  

Like you I've been in the American car hobby for a long time.

During that time, I seen quite a few guys start businesses that assist enthusiasts with their hobby.  But in many situations, those guys have lost their way to some extent regarding their own enthusiasm for the hobby they used to enjoy, with so much of their time now being devoted to running their business.

It's really refreshing to see someone who has retained their enthusiasm for their hobby and also managed to make a living from it as well.

When you can make a living from your hobby, it sure beats the hell out of working at a job you just turn up for.    

sms777

• Rally Licence
  • Sponsor & The Mechanic
A Big Thanks
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 09:53:27 PM »
Hi Chris,
 I am not only an American car enthusiast, some of our members already know that i am also a fully licensed commercial pilot used to fly for Ansett a while ago and owned my own aviation charter business for over ten years but that did not stop my enthusiasm for us muscle cars  and despite my failure in aviation due to economic down turn i am on the road to recovery and i will prove to our members what this great country of ours is made of.  
I am an Aussie and proud of it
( ps: i was born in Austria)

Phone 02 9793 3332

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
A Big Thanks
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 09:59:26 PM »
That reminds me of a couple of Americans I've cooresponded with over the years via the 'net. They called the (then) new GTO (Monaro) 'Eurotrash', because they didn't realise there's a difference between Austria and Australia.:mad:

sms777

• Rally Licence
  • Sponsor & The Mechanic
A Big Thanks
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 10:07:41 PM »
Did you know all the Chrysler 300C's were and are made in Austria?
:rol:  :rol::rol::rol::rol:

Phone 02 9793 3332

68PONY

A Big Thanks
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 10:35:34 PM »
Hey chris seeing your an old bastard :rol: you should be able to service the 55 olds when it gets here with no problem.:lol:
And yes chris, your rates are better than fair.
cheers chris. ps bloody hell too many chris's.

sms777

• Rally Licence
  • Sponsor & The Mechanic
A Big Thanks
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 11:20:02 AM »
Quote from: 68PONY link=topic=2955.msg17133#msg17133
Hey chris seeing your an old bastard :rol: you should be able to service the 55 olds when it gets here with no problem.:lol:
And yes chris, your rates are better than fair.
cheers chris. ps bloody hell too many chris's.

Hey, no problems!
I am looking forward to cutting a hole on the bonnet after we fitted the 671 blower   :rol:

Phone 02 9793 3332

chrisevo

A Big Thanks
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2010, 08:53:26 PM »
I have recently bought a 65 Mustang Coupe and was referred to Chris by 68PONY. All I can say is that Chris will be the only person to ever work on my "new" Mustang. He is a gentleman and his workshop is clean as. As for his workmanship - all I can say is that it is second to none!!

SMS Performance is Highly recommended by me

Chris (Evo)

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333