Author Topic: ***Importation of pre-1989 Vehicles. A Must Read***  (Read 25068 times)

GAS455

***Importation of pre-1989 Vehicles. A Must Read***
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2010, 06:52:50 PM »
I wasn't able to attend the meeting(not that I can ever make a meeting due to work),  But was there any interesting info to come out of the discussion??

Will this affect bringing in an aftermarket chassis???

usmusclecars

• Top Fuel Pilot
    • http://excosales.com.au
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2010, 07:27:20 AM »
Hi Greg,

Mick just explained the rules that they are now enforcing re importing pre 89 vehicles, the rule has always been there ie if you import a pre 89 vehicle it must not be modified, if it is you must supply details of the mods so they can make a decison on whether it is approved. If the mods were carried out post 89 you will not be allowed to import as it will then be classed as a newer vehicle. Our understanding is that if your vehicle is fitted with mags you still have to note this down when submitting an application. We have a meeting with the Administrator of Dotars the end of next week and will be able to answer everyones questions re the mods acceptable.
Bringing in a chasis - will check on that? We know if its already assembled with the car, no you cannot as the car is modified unless you have proof the work was carried out prior to 89.

Cheers Yvette
Click Image For Our Website

cpu

« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2010, 04:03:07 PM »
Found this on another site

FYI

Bumblebee

« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2010, 04:31:25 PM »
OK, so are 17 x 8" mag wheels and a 750 Holley on an Air gap manifold with extractors out or in?

usmusclecars

• Top Fuel Pilot
    • http://excosales.com.au
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2010, 05:00:16 PM »
Mick will be discussing the outcome of our meeting at the next AMCCA meeting, he will be able to answer your questions then!  :thanks:
Click Image For Our Website

Fine 59

« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2010, 09:29:39 PM »
Damm it , I'll never get that blown T bucket over here I had my heart set on.

heven67

• Rally Licence
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2010, 04:55:27 PM »
This isnt over yet...Had a call from a HOT rod Nut this arvo and he tells me in a nut shell anything pre 1990 wont get rego in the near future if its not allready registered.
[align=center]
BLING IS KING. Real muscle cars have 3 pedals  "Praise The Lowered"[/align]

cluxford

« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2010, 06:05:53 PM »
Update....I just got this from an ASRF member who is representing a broad section of us.  They had a meeting today with the Department of Infrastructure...it's a short update with more to follow

Al and I went along to a meeting at Infrastructure this morning.

VERY informative and we have a handle on what is driving them, and a path forward.

No guarantee we are going to get a complete fix, but I am pretty confident we can get some movement on the cars already purchased.

Can all people who have a car caught up please make sure they get me ALL their paperwork, as I have agreement from the head honcho for us to meet and discuss individual cases.

Long term future is not so rosie...... purchasing a modified car wihout proof it was completed before 1/1/89 is NOT a good idea at the moment

Benji

« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2010, 03:57:41 AM »
Dear Hemifish, its a shame you had to go to the extent of removing your motor to comply with a jumped up policemans opinion, I have no idea how Gary Myers gets away with having his mustang and the tower of a motor he has! .. on another note, having read this thread, I was looking at a '60 impala to import and one that i come across has 14" wires on it, same size as factory, it makes me nervous to consider bringing it in due to the fact that it might get disapproved on the basis that the wheels are not stock, and don't have an ADR approval..it also has compressed springs. probably doesn't help the case out at all, but in theory, i don't see why this matters, as the car will have to go through the necessary steps to be registered, and that would probably involve new springs, so regardless of the condition of wheels and such, it shouldn't matter, as long as its all complied by at the time of registration. Thats my whinge for the day -Benji

69DirtyRat

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2010, 09:43:49 PM »
You could always get a set of standard wheels to put on it, it wouldnt cost that much???
1969 Corvette ZL-1 540ci 755hp
1972 Chevy Suburban 454ci
1959 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Limo 390ci 325hp
www.ratpackmuscle.com

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333