Author Topic: Embarrassing!....  (Read 10549 times)

sms777

• Rally Licence
  • Sponsor & The Mechanic
Embarrassing!....
« on: September 07, 2010, 11:52:12 PM »
That's right!
I had a VOLVO in my workshop today. No... i am not racist. I had to work on the damn things when i was an apprentice many many years ago. I got spoilt by you guys recently working on US muscle cars every day. It is a good thing and I am loving it. It is the thing i had always dreamt about.
I had my head under a well known '55 Oldsmobile when this VOLVO pulls up on my driveway. I looked up banging my head in the Olds overhanging bonnett sending sparks in my eyebrow, about to yell at my mechanic to tell the bloody VOLVO owner to p#ss off we do not work on cars like that anymore. Than I saw the driver slowly fall out out the car. It was Frank. My faithful customer for the last ten years. He owned that VOLVO ever since i have met him (plus or minus 50 years), and i have been his hero since I changed a fanbelt ten years ago. He said i was the best VOLVO mechanic he had ever met. What can i say?.....
I have not seen him since the depression and seeing him falling out of his car rather fast i thought this must be serious. It was.
He lost his power steering. He went home, lifted the bonnet, topped up the power steering reservoir with BRAKE FLUID, the only fluid he could find in his shed and went for a drive again.
Steering still hard so he done the most sensible thing by driving straight to his VOLVO expert mechanic. It took me less than one second to realise that his power steering belt gone missing so i sat him down while I got  my apprentice put a new belt on . Should be back on the road in a few minutes. Yeah right.....
Apprentice leaned on top radiator hose snapping top snouth, killing the whole radiator. Plastic snouth, can't really blame him. New radiator coming in less than TWO weeks!

Bloody VOLVOS!    

Phone 02 9793 3332
Biggles, The Flying Mechanic

cpu

Embarrassing!....
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 12:28:27 AM »
Quote from: sms777 link=topic=3610.msg22263#msg22263

I have not seen him since the depression..........

Showing your age there :lol:

73Transam

• Speedster
    • pontiac68@optusnet.com
Embarrassing!....
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 09:55:48 AM »
was he wearing a hat???:rol:

super 88

Embarrassing!....
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 04:28:39 PM »
Quote from: sms777 link=topic=3610.msg22263#msg22263

I had my head under a well known '55 Oldsmobile when this VOLVO pulls up on my driveway. I looked up banging my head in the Olds overhanging bonnett sending sparks in my eyebrow,

Bloody VOLVOS!    

Chris I thought you would have learnt your lesson by now, when working on the olds you need to wear a construction site helmet:lol::lol::lol:

stanglover

Embarrassing!....
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 04:53:45 PM »
:coffee: first you buy a mustang then you start working on VOLVOS?!?! WHAT NEXT?!.....Holden Geminis?!?!?!?!:zip:

Jethro

• Speedster
Embarrassing!....
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 06:39:51 PM »
Hey sms777 hope you told the apprentice ya'd be:mad::mad:  taking the cost of the radiator out of the young blokes pay lol
[img width=200 height=150]https://americanmusclecarsaustralia.com/forum/signatures/J

Hemifish

Embarrassing!....
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 06:53:12 PM »
Chris  , Tell everyone the Truth  , YOU want one :bow: HEMI VOLVO [with the WHITE hat] lol

sms777

• Rally Licence
  • Sponsor & The Mechanic
Embarrassing!....
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 09:05:05 PM »
Quote from: stanglover link=topic=3610.msg22286#msg22286
:coffee: first you buy a mustang then you start working on VOLVOS?!?! WHAT NEXT?!.....Holden Geminis?!?!?!?!:zip:

Gemini's!!!....what happened to them?
I have just figured out my problem.....I ran out of my favourite chardonnay  :rol:

Hey Bas!  Where is that bottle you promised me!  :zip:

Phone 02 9793 3332
Biggles, The Flying Mechanic

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333