Author Topic: Members Please Read  (Read 6505 times)

68PONY

Members Please Read
« on: December 15, 2010, 09:27:06 PM »
Hi All.
I have decided to give up the events co-ordinator position , i can't give it 100% so it would be unfair to the members , i havn't been on the forum much lately , ive been spending to much time online and have decided to cut down , one other reason and i don't wish to offend anyone but people just turning up to events without posting there intentions or emailing them makes it hard to book things as ive noticed in the past , i just don't want to book for 20 people that have said they are coming and 30 or 40 turn up, and getting last minute numbers does not help either, anyway i will  get the events already listed from jan to aprill happening , there will be some events i will need confirmed numbers well in advanced of the date listed , i will let you know when that happens.
cheers chris.

sms777

• Rally Licence
  • Sponsor & The Mechanic
Members Please Read
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 10:04:33 PM »
Damn it Sherriff!
I hate it when a good cop calls it quits.
What are we going to do now? Everyone will run amok, all the looting begins, we will end up with some virus from Alamo on the forum, who is going to keep Hev and Bonnevista restrained?

There goes the neighbourhood......:mad:

Phone 02 9793 3332
Biggles, The Flying Mechanic

Muzzy 66

• Rally Licence
Members Please Read
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 10:47:43 PM »
Hi Chris,

We appreciated the work you have already put in place for the events,Given that your runs only take effect as of January.

Unfortunatley we will only get to enjoy a few months of what you had planned, also in mind for the club.

We understand your decision totally.

Thanks again,

Catch you soon out and about.

Luke & Liz

Growing old is inevitable,Growing up is optional.!!!!!  66 Mustang Coupe.

Hemifish

Members Please Read
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 11:13:42 AM »
:pat:No more Sherriff , Does this mean the Hooligan is BACK:drink:

Kroooozer

Members Please Read
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 12:32:28 PM »
Thats too bad Chris... I think what was happening was that coming up to Xmas many other things are on (as I have found)..... anyway good luck to whoever takes it on.

RIVIERA

• Speedster
Members Please Read
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 01:34:39 PM »
Hi Chris and Sharon
It is not good to hear of your decision but both Enid and I understand your reasons. Events coordinater is possibly one of the most demanding positions in a club like ours, and at times you have to develope a very thick skin when things do not go the way that you want them to. I know personally we are amis for not attending as many runs as we would like too, but the ones that we have and ones that you and Sharon have had any thing to do with we have thoroughly enjoyed and we thank you both for that. You guys have the presence and personalities that our club needs and hopefully sometime in the future you may consider having another go.

Thanks and Good Luck
Enid and John  

69DirtyRat

• Top Fuel Pilot
Members Please Read
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 01:50:32 PM »
:mad::cry::cry::cry::cry:
1969 Corvette ZL-1 540ci 755hp
1972 Chevy Suburban 454ci
1959 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Limo 390ci 325hp
www.ratpackmuscle.com

68PONY

Members Please Read
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2010, 01:55:00 PM »
Quote from: RIVIERA link=topic=3903.msg24452#msg24452
Hi Chris and Sharon
It is not good to hear of your decision but both Enid and I understand your reasons. Events coordinater is possibly one of the most demanding positions in a club like ours, and at times you have to develope a very thick skin when things do not go the way that you want them to. I know personally we are amis for not attending as many runs as we would like too, but the ones that we have and ones that you and Sharon have had any thing to do with we have thoroughly enjoyed and we thank you both for that. You guys have the presence and personalities that our club needs and hopefully sometime in the future you may consider having another go.

Thanks and Good Luck
Enid and John  

Thanks for the nice words from all , it is a hard job and the phone calls made to get those events happening took alot of time , the problem is some of the events i need to give more than a weeks notice to the venues, which i know will be impossible.

Quote from: Kroooozer link=topic=3903.msg24451#msg24451
Thats too bad Chris... I think what was happening was that coming up to Xmas many other things are on (as I have found)..... anyway good luck to whoever takes it on.

pete , i know with christmas coming people have other comitments, including sharon and i , that is not what i am refering to , its simple if you are coming to a event say so thats all , its hard to book places if you don't know who is coming if we only get 3 cars so be it at least they said they were going, but if you just rock up , well the venue might not have enough space and staff to cope and then people whinge about the service, which has happpened on a few occasions.
cheers chris.

her69

• Committee
  • Rally Licence
  • Club President
Members Please Read
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2010, 02:31:34 PM »

We are sorry to hear about your decision to stand down as Events Co-Ordinator, it is a demanding position. :cry:

Looking at the runs you have organised for next year look great. What happens now with bookings etc for these runs?

Hope to see you & Sharon still attending some of them.

Cheers Maureen & Mal

MuscleVette

• Top Fuel Pilot
Members Please Read
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2010, 04:07:47 PM »
:hello: the runs that Chris has organized we will keep if someone wants to take the events position on great if not I will make the bookings at the venues.

:seeya: Garry :hangloose:
Past And Present Cars

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333