Author Topic: hello, first post, new member. Pics of car now posted  (Read 37666 times)

bezerk68

hello, first post, new member. Pics of car now posted
« on: January 05, 2011, 02:27:40 PM »
hi everyone, my name is Stuart, im from Wollongong.
have met a few of you briefly at a skylines australia skid pan day, i was taking pics and took heaps of shots of your cars, more than the skylines lol. i have been looking to purchase some US muscle for a while, and having just sold my circuit car, now have the funds too. Im currently looking at a 68 Camaro in Texas. im a bit daunted by the whole import thing but ill see how it goes. Look froward too meeting you all and cruising soon.

MuscleVette

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 02:33:57 PM »
Hi Bezerk 68.
    Welcome to the forum what part of Wollongong are you from I live on Bulli Pass the best people to speak to is one of our sponsors Mick & Yvette the # is 0417 486 473 they can give you all the info you need. They bring cars in all the time for clients.

:seeya: Garry :hangloose:
Past And Present Cars

bezerk68

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 09:42:12 PM »
Live in Figtree. Good to know there is someone close to home. I’m still negotiating price including shipping from the seller, ill see what he comes back with then go from there. I’m estimating about 6k to ship it + all the b#llsh%t. This is the car I’m looking at

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968-Camaro-350-4-speed-Wilwood-disc-brakes-17-wheels-/150538316386?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item230cc86a62

usmusclecars

• Top Fuel Pilot
    • http://excosales.com.au
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 07:41:35 AM »
Hi Stuart and welcome to the forum.

We would be happy to assist you with any shipping requirement you have, from trucking to La to shipping into Sydney. Please before you proceed with your purchase ensure that you have read the rules regarding importing a car into Australia as they have tightened and any mods must be listed along with photos of the vehicle to support your application. If you want to discuss it further please give me a call 0417 486 473. Dotars website is www.dotars.gov.au Approvals have been taking around 6-7 weeks to receive at present.

Cheers Yvette
Click Image For Our Website

JACTUPBITTSPIECES

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 09:04:24 AM »
G'day Stuart and welcome to the forum. My business partner lives in Texas, so provided this car is not to far away from where she lives I can arrange for her husband to head out and take a look at this car for you. I can even get them to complete the deal for you also if you need them to and it makes you feel more comfortable.

Let me know if I can be of any help at all.

Cheers
Steve

bezerk68

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 12:26:37 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome and all the advice guys.
I might take up the offer of having the car looked at by your friend. Ill be happy to pay him for his trouble.
As far as import approval I haven't got that far yet but should look into it. Im still looking around but i love this one, just have to get the nod from the minister of finance & entertainment.
Thanks again, much appreciated.

Kroooozer

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 03:36:39 PM »
Hi Stuart, You can't apply for import approval until you have VIN#, a few pictures and bill of sale and have heard currently its around 4-6 week processing.

bezerk68

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 07:35:14 AM »
ok, so looks like ill have to make up my mind first.
thinking about flying over to see the mecum kissamee auction, and from there going to see a few private sale cars later this month.

Kroooozer

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2011, 08:23:36 AM »
There is usually a fee that applies at these auctions just to attend so check that out (Mick can probably advise on that). Go to www.craigslist.com and check out whats around but be careful. Take the opportunity to have someone trustworthy check it out if cannot be there. Look around California say over to Texas otherwise transport costs can be significant.

bezerk68

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2011, 10:17:56 PM »
ok, a bits happened since i last logged on, i have purchased a car from Oregon. its a 68 RS/SS clone. 396bb, turbo 400, 12 bolt posi lsd with 3.34:1 gears. Very happy. Just hope that 'a' it actually exists and 'b' it gets here o.k.
it was supposed to have been picked up today so should be well on its way to LA by now.
thanks for all your help guys, i have the import approval ready to go, insurance etc etc. would have liked to go see it but just couldnt pull itt off. fingers crossed it is as good as it looks in the pics. I decided to freight it as a roll on, roll off deal so it will arrive in Port Kembla. Ill let you know how its travelling.
cheers Stuart

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333