Author Topic: Tag team  (Read 19681 times)

1977 Transam

Tag team
« on: February 03, 2011, 07:14:25 AM »
Is anyone going to this years Pontiac nationals?

joe74ta

• Top Fuel Pilot
Tag team
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 10:18:53 AM »
I do know there are a few members that do' not post here much that have booked in already.
I will not make it this year but I am going to the Trans am Nationals in Dayton Ohio this August.

cpu

Tag team
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 10:25:00 AM »
[align=center]
Click Image For Their Website & Entry Forms

Entries closing 28 February

For the first time ever, a national Pontiac event is being held in Queensland! We welcome all Pontiac owners and enthusiasts to join us in the town of Warwick, 160 kilometres south west of Brisbane, for the 2011 Pontiac Nationals.

This will be the largest ever assembly of Pontiacs in the state of Queensland. The Nationals features a full programme of events including a street parade, car show, local cruising, sprint racing and two fully-catered night functions. You’ll meet fellow Pontiac enthusiasts from all over Australia, and see many cars you have never seen before. It’s an experience like none other, where Pontiacs take over a town on the Easter long weekend.

Warwick is a town of 12,500 residents located in the southern part of Queensland. It is the meeting point of major highways from Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. Warwick has become a popular choice for car club events, partly because of the Morgan Park motorsports complex located just outside town. The facilities in town enable events such as this to be accommodated.

Friday April 22, 2011

Registration from noon - Australian Rodeo Heritage Centre
Welcome Function - Leslie Park from 5pm

Saturday April 23, 2011

Preparation and marshalling cars by 8.45am (Alice Street and Queens Park)
Movement of cars into Albert Street (9.00 to 9.45am)
Car Show in Albert Street, in conjunction with Easter Fair in Park 10am to 2pm
Street Parade on conclusion of show at 2pm
Free time from 3pm
Night Function at Warwick RSL Kings Theatre, from 6pm
Feature Artist - David Barry (from 8pm)

Sunday April 24, 2011

Observation run - one hour - Warwick Suburbs
Lunch from noon at Warwick RSL
Sprints event at Warwick Dragway in afternoon, plus secondary car show
Optional visit to equestrian event at Morgan Park
Night Function (including AGM and Trophy Presentation) - at Kings Theatre, from 6pm

Monday April 25, 2011 (Anzac Day)

Farewell Breakfast - Warwick RSL Kings Theatre from 8am

[/align]

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
Tag team
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 01:04:43 PM »
I'd love to go, but I've just got other stuff to spend $$$ on atm.

And look, Uncle Dave is the featured artist on Saturday night!!
**Disclaimer** I'm not actually related to David Barry - or at least I don't think I am.  

1977 Transam

Tag team
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 05:28:03 PM »
I booked in to go.  Figured it would be a good long drive for the Transam.  Entered into the Sprints.  First time ever.  Thought it would be a bit of fun.

It does make for an expensive trip though Bonnevista.  I guess you only live once.  I figured why not spend time enjoying myself.

SBC-68-FIREBIRD

Tag team
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 07:47:33 PM »
Quote from: 1977 Transam link=topic=4082.msg25600#msg25600
Entered into the Sprints.  First time ever.  Thought it would be a bit of fun.

It is a lot of fun having a thrash & all the Pontiac Nationals I have been to over the years are a real good time.

Would love to be going myself but cant do this time around :(

1977 Transam

Tag team
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 07:04:43 AM »
Hope to see you at the next one. Your firebird looks great.

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
Tag team
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 10:45:18 AM »
I booked in to go.  Figured it would be a good long drive for the Transam.  Entered into the Sprints.  First time ever.  Thought it would be a bit of fun.

It does make for an expensive trip though Bonnevista.  I guess you only live once.  I figured why not spend time enjoying myself.

If you haven't been before, you should certainly go.

I've been to a whole bunch of them before, including the first one back in the '80's.

My youngest son is going on 3 overseas trips this year playing basketball.  One trip is to the world U/19 Championships in Latvia and one other is to the US to attend an American university on an athletic scholarship.  He's already been to China in January on a tour as well.  It's an expensive year.  

BTW, I also went to the first All American Day in 1882 at the St. Ives Shopping Village.

1977 Transam

Tag team
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 05:21:39 PM »
Your son sounds like he is doing great Bonnevista.  I'm sure I'll have a good time.  How can I not with the sound of a V8 coming out of a muscle car!

SBC-68-FIREBIRD

Tag team
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 10:16:04 PM »
Quote from: bonnevista link=topic=4082.msg25607#msg25607

BTW, I also went to the first All American Day in 1882 at the St. Ives Shopping Village.

Hey Chris, back in 1882 was it all american horse & carts :rol:

Thanks for that 1977 Trans Am, should be good for the next one, no overseas trips planned for around that time :)

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333