Author Topic: Bullitt chase scene being recreated in 1/32 scale  (Read 3728 times)

usmusclecars

• Top Fuel Pilot
    • http://excosales.com.au
Bullitt chase scene being recreated in 1/32 scale
« on: February 17, 2011, 06:08:28 PM »
Hold onto your hubcaps. One very devoted enthusiast in the UK has set about reenacting one of the most famous car chases in the history of internal combustion – the Ford Mustang versus Dodge Charger battle in Bullitt – with a bit of a twist. Instead of taking to the streets of San Francisco, artist Emigre has decided to film the whole thing in stop-motion on a 1/32 scale slot car track, complete with a handmade San Francisco background to match. There's an obscene attention to detail in everything from the sidewalks to the cars themselves and the audio from the chase lines up nicely with what's been created so far.

The finished product is set to debut later this year, but for now, Emigre has been so kind as to show off a quick teaser for the flick. There are burnouts, the rumble and bark of two meaty V8s and two very stern-looking bad guys just waiting to give Frank Bullitt a run for his money. Hit the link to check out the clip for yourself.

[youtube]u_AsKP1cndo[/youtube]

Click Image For Our Website

Kroooozer

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 07:24:18 PM »
Thats kool....I have a boxed set (I think 1/64 scale) that has the 2 cars going sideways and backdrop of San Fran building...need to get the other set when the Charger runs off the road (handling issues I think)

sms777

• Rally Licence
  • Sponsor & The Mechanic
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 07:25:20 PM »
How cool is that!
We do not have to worry about Tinsel Town destroying our rare muscle cars like they did in the Dukes of Hazzard series, or Gone in 60 seconds or whatever......

Honestly...I think it's gay    :zip:

Phone 02 9793 3332
Biggles, The Flying Mechanic

Hemifish

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 09:12:57 PM »
:yeah::rol::rol::rol::rol: It takes a MOPAR to catch a MOPAR :bow:

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333