Author Topic: Brake & Other Parts  (Read 3433 times)

not-e-nuf

Brake & Other Parts
« on: March 23, 2011, 09:44:58 PM »
hi all,
i just purchased a 1967 Pontiac Parisienne, i need to change rear brakes. Thinking of doing a disc conversion. Already have slotted discs upfront. What would be a suitable conversion?? Could I get discs from another car?
I know this is a novice question but im new to this and any help would be appreciated.
Also wheres a good place to chase up some parts....need front guards, and some interior bits (seats,dash, door panels etc)
thanks again.
eddie - 0401764004
Im located in Liverpool - NSW

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
Brake & Other Parts
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 09:56:33 PM »
Hi Eddie, just a personal view, but I reckon drum brakes get a bad rap that they don't deserve. My Grand Ville is quite a bit heavier than your Parisienne, but the factory disc/drum set up gives good braking performance and I've driven newer cars with far worse brakes.

The disc conversion for the rear would be an expensive headache and properly adjusted and maintained drum brakes work well on the rear of a full sized car.

The components for your rear drums are cheap, plentiful and easy to look after.

Two places I would recomend for brake supplies would be The Classic Chevy Centre in Smithfield and Pontiworld in Wollongong.  Both places would have everything you need on the shelf.

As far as the other parts are concerned, Classic Chevy would be more likely to carry them.    

JACTUPBITTSPIECES

Brake & Other Parts
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 05:04:44 PM »
G'day Eddie, I certainly wouldnt have the parts you need in stock but if you arent in a hurry for them I would definitely be able to order them in for you from the US. When I say not in a hurry I need like 2-3 weeks to get all the parts you need over here so it really wont take too long.
If this is of interest to you or you just want to see what sort of deal I can put together for you please feel free to either email or phone me on the details below & I will be only too happy to help.

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333