Author Topic: A warning to all private importers....  (Read 10544 times)

sms777

• Rally Licence
  • Sponsor & The Mechanic
A warning to all private importers....
« on: March 30, 2011, 10:40:15 PM »
Please be careful when you click on buy it now on ebay or make spur of the moment decisions on buying an import.
We are all aware that the aussie dollar is at the highest for the last 20 years or so making overseas shopping very attractive and american muscle cars that you have been dreaming about suddenly in reach.
The reason for my warning?......
I have an increasing number of recent imports in my workshop that have been falsely advertised and in need of major repairs before they can be registered on our roads.
When I say major repairs I mean serious safety issues like dodgey steering conversions, dodgey brake conversions, dodgey suspension repairs, dodgey chassis modifications or driveline conversions.
All these issues need to be addressed before registering your vehicle in Australia and it can amount to thousands of dollars that will make your ebay bargain suddenly very expensive.
There are reputable pre purchase inspection services available in the US that may cost you a few hundred dollars but it can save you lots of thousands before you spend your hard earned money on a rusted bog bucket with ball joints falling out.
Internet is your best friend if you need more help and advice or you can call me anytime or contact one of the reputable shippers that sponsor our club for help.
I have a few examples to show you in my workshop but may need owners permission to expose.
Do not rush into any bargains and consult an expert before you buy.

Cheers, Chris.

Phone 02 9793 3332
Biggles, The Flying Mechanic

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333