Author Topic: harry's sat night  (Read 9610 times)

joe74ta

• Top Fuel Pilot
harry's sat night
« on: November 20, 2011, 12:58:41 PM »
Our monthly run to Harry's Cafe de Wheels on the Cumberland Hwy Liverpool meeting there around 5.30 pm & going for a cruise around 7.30pm if you want.

68 GTO

harry's sat night
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 05:31:08 PM »
Discovered chrome lifting on newly chromed bumper......its getting fixed, so no fun this weekend:mad:

birdman

• Rally Licence
harry's sat night
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 10:56:58 AM »
Hey there Joe,is there a meeting point for members?hopefully the rain stays away :rub:

joe74ta

• Top Fuel Pilot
harry's sat night
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 06:25:32 PM »
Hi thebirdman68 as a rule we meet at Harry's and park up wear ever we can find a spot. Unfortunately the days when AMCCA had control of the car park by way of a club member manning the chained off section of the car park are long gone and Harry’s has turned in to sort of a free for all.  I was surprised last month to see a car memorabilia salesman taking up three prime car parks with a stall selling old signs also members of the local car club with their cars parked on a 45 degree angle taking up two car parks and standing in the third till there mates arrived.

IMO Harry’s has run its course and it is time to find a new venue where we can have our regular monthly get together in a less crowded venue like maybe Hungry Jacks at Mount Annan.  This venue has a huge well lit car park without speed humps and lots of other outlets such as Macers and KFC all together in the one spot.

At the risk of picking at an old scab, I would like to hear some feedback from other club members on what are your thoughts.

:feedback:

Gene

harry's sat night
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 07:14:09 PM »
Although we weren't around for those times at Harrys it sounds good to have a better suited venue (sans speedhumps) and this venue would be more convenient for all the locals from in and around that area. I love the idea. What do you think Mark and Barbralea? Kevin? Ray? Cheryl and Ross? Warwick and Nan? to name just a few :)

78mg

• L Plater
harry's sat night
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 07:15:21 PM »
Agreed that Harry's has its issues, not least of which is that the cops are all over it.

But its easy and its hard to come up with a helpful alternative.

Mount Annan is not in Sydney, prefer a more central location for the initial meet at least.

jpony

• Top Fuel Pilot
harry's sat night
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 08:21:12 PM »
I know we had this issue before and tried the Homemaker Centre at Warwick Farm at the Cafe but i still believe this to be a great location. The Cafe has new owners and changed names to Cafe Mediera. The Carparking area is large and well lit and close to both a Hungry Jacks and Steakhouse. Might be worth a try.
Enjoy The Ride.    John Pony

2007 GT Tungsten Grey Premium Mustang Coupe. Auto.
IUP, Charcoal Aluminium Interior, Comfort Group, GT Apperance Package, Polished Exhaust Tips, 17" Polished Bullits, Hood Scoop, Shaker 1000, Shorty Antenna, Silver Racing Stripes, C & l  CAI Predator Tune.

LeighP

• Rally Licence
harry's sat night
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 11:12:25 PM »
I'd be in for either the Warwick Farm or Mt Annan locations....all I need is my car on the road..... :mad:
Regards,
Leigh
1969 Pontiac Firebird 400

roadhound

harry's sat night
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 11:40:10 PM »
I'm long over Harrys but arnt they a sponser and supporter of our club.
In the old days we ran the show  whenHarrys first opened nobody went we even had outdoor movies in the carpark what is happening there is great for the car scene  and its exactly what the sponser wanted was a full carpark so now its grown so big that we need the
second venue as an option .as this club grows it has to be well lit with varoius food outlets and plenty of parking theres one near the crossroads oporto etc but there must be others that look quiet as well.........:drink::drink: cheers

MuscleVette

• Top Fuel Pilot
harry's sat night
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2011, 08:39:52 PM »
I think the Warwick farm venue & maybe a cruise out to the Mount Annan venue after & look at both sites just my thoughts.

:seeya: Garry :hangloose:
Past And Present Cars

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333